homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:18 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu
The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.

2 Messages

• 

154 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Why is my website not working?.

What happened to my website? Was updating it and now it will only show the first page to anyone who looks. When I go in to redo it shows all pages. This has been since July 8.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It looks like you accidentally removed the navigation menu. You can add it back on by following the steps above, except.... when you get to step #3, click the option to "use existing" instead of "create new".

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

We can only post 2 pages. Want the third page up Please fix!.

We cannot remove page "error404" from website. I believe this is stopping us from have three pages we are allowed to have. We cannot add third page of our website "photo gallery" because of this. It has caused us too overcrowd the two pages that we can use instaed of the Would you please help us in this matter. thank you, Patrick

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The site error 404 page does not count as one of your pages. You currently have just 3 pages and all three of them are published. I think the problem that you might be referring to is that there are only two links on your navigation menu. If you jump to step number six above, you can click the small "+" sign to add additional links to the menu.

Let me know if this is the issue or if you are still having problems.

Thanks!

Mike

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

11 years ago

Navigation Menu with imported graphics How do I get rid of the text links showing as well?.

I'm trying to build a navigation menu using graphics I imported. I got the graphics positioned, but you can still see "Link 1" "Link2" etc, through the graphics buttons. What am I doing wrong? I know I need alternate text for each of the button graphics, but I obviously don't want the alternate text to show along with the graphic.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Kara3339,

It looks like you've imported your own graphics to use as the links and they have smaller text embedded in the actual image file. You'll basically want to delete those as there's not a way to fix them. See steps above. On step 5 you can use the Style and Effects tabs to customize the links the way you wish. If you need to rename any of the links then you will want to follow the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Thanks!

Mike

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

No, there is no text embedded in the files.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Your original image has text in the image itself. Then, in SiteBuilder, in the link "display name", you have the word "home" entered again. That is what is making the text show double. If you are going to use this method, you'll want to leave the text off the original image.

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

Oh I see. Darn. Wish there was a way to use the buttons as the only text.

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

Kara if you forgo using the navigation option and just use your buttons and link them to the respective pages that will work. However, if you ever want to make changes to your navigation you will need to change each page as you won't be able to update globally. If you've only a few pages that isn't a big undertaking though as you simply copy/paste.

6 Messages

• 

212 Points

11 years ago

I lost my tabs on the top of the page about us etc.

I lost the tabs on the top of my page so people can look
at other pages on my site.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It looks like you accidentally deleted the navigation menu. It's very easy to replace. Follow the steps above except, when you get to step 3, click the 2nd option that says "use an existing Site Navigation Menu", which is the one titled "QuickSiteMain".

Thanks!

Mike

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

help I deleted my tabs.

I accidently deleted tabs for the pages of my website and now can't figure out how to put them back will I have to start over with building a whole new website?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Just follow the steps in this thread, except when you get to step #3, choose the option to add an existing menu instead of create a new one.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the steps here, except, when you get to step #3, choose the option to use an existing menu, and it will add the navigation links back to the page without you having to build a whole new menu.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

11 years ago

I have set up a website---jimjohnsonart.biz how does one access the 4 other pages past the first one---I am new to this...

Go to jimjohnsonart.biz and tell mr how a person accesses the other 4 pages

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You will just need to create navigation links to each page. Follow the steps in this thread.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

why is it that I paid for 4 pages but when I go onto my website it only shows the home page..

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You actually get 10 pages. These instructions should help you create a navigation menu.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

HOME ABOUT GALLERY JOBS.

my nav bar disappeared. Im not sure what I did

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The most likely thing is that it was accidentally deleted. However SiteBuilder automatically stores your navigation menus for later use so you can easily re-add it to the page. Follow the steps in this thread except when you get to #3, choose the option to "add an existing menu" instead of create a new one.

7 Messages

• 

268 Points

11 years ago

Can I use more than one navigation menu per website?.

I do not want to display Home on the home screen but I do on all ather screens.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can, but remember, each navigation you create will have to be edited separately when you add, remove, or change a page name.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.

1 Message

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

Thank you. Much better.

www.schenkssalsa.com

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Just open the page that you want the links on, and add a 2nd navigation menu to just that page. Make sure the Master Template is turned off. If you see the big yellow bar at the top of the page, then click the "return to page" button. Then add the new menu.

Let us know if you need help.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How to activate my site pages from the titles on my home page..

I cannot view any of my other 4 site pages other than the home page. Their titles are
on the home page, but I cannot call them up from that page.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Let us know if this worked or if you still require assistance.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

Links to other pages.

I created my website. I expected that the home page would have links to the other pages. I published the site. Can I correct this? Only the home page sans links shows up