homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:18 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu
The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

only the home page is showing up. saved and published about us (just this page and whole site) but no way to go to page two or navigate. just the home page.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
only one page showing on web no navigating option where is about us page ?.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I have three pages completed and only page one can be viewed from the internet.

I can't get all pages to be viewed after posting. How do I fix that?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Alicia5611,

Sorry for the delay -

Select Use Existing to add your original menu, or select create new if you'd like to create a new one.

Thanks,
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

i have three pages but can not go past home page

I published my site but on the web you can not go past the home index page.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi jeffpayne365795,

Sorry for the delay -

You'll need to create a navigation menu for your site using the instructions listed above. Let me know if I can offer further assistance, thanks.

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

I had two navigation tabs on my home page.Now there is none. I attempted to delete one and they both(navigation tabs) disappeared. I clicked view page which shows the home index. I added a page and still no (navigation) tab on the home page. Will I have to delete this template and start over?

Missing Navigation Tabs on home page.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi blessu100fold1836,

I have added the navigation menu back to your site for you. If you follow the steps in this thread I think i will help you out. The links in the navigation menu are all attached/included in a single element. If you want to remove just one of the links from the menu, you would ( see image in step 6), click on the link you want to get rid of, then click no the minus sign.

Thanks!

Mike

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Hi,

I have 4 links at the top of my home page. For instance, one of the links is "About Us." When I click on it, it properly brings me to the correct page. However, when I am on the "About Us" page, it doesn't show any links at the top of the page. The only way to get to the home page would be to click the back button. I would like for all of the links to appear at the top of each page.
Thank you!

Links are only appearing on the Home Page - not on the other pages.

1 Message

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

I changed the title of the last page to baskets and now no one can find or navigate through the pages.This is very frustrating. this is supposed to be easy. I then accidentally deleted the navigation buttons. Now I have the navigation buttons, but now I cannot navigate between pages and I get a message that the page cannot be found. Help.

I cannot use the navigation buttons. How do I bring back the navigation so that customers can move between the pages?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi maryfisler8716,

If you previously had a menu, you can select use existing versus create new when using the instructions above.

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Have tried several times to create Navigation Menu. Have a 2 page website, but not able to access 2nd page unless I'm editing. When I click on Home on Nav Menu, says that page doesn't exist. How can I create a Nav Menu to access Home page and my second page?

Help accessing Home page and 2nd page on my site..

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Jeffrey9818,

After creating a menu, you can add it to another page by copying/pasting or by using the instructions above. After clicking +insert > more > navigation menu, select use existing rather than create new.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can offer further assistance.

Thanks,
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

There is no menu on my home page so when someone sees my website they have no clue how to get to the other pages.How do I fix that? I need my site to have multiple pages accessible by participants and parents.

NO Menu.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I have added two new pages to my website for a total of 5 pages. When I am in sitebuilder they are all there. I publish them but when i go to my website directly it only shows the first page. I am loosing customers. I pay for 5 pages. Please help. Kathia Anders
www.kathiasdaycare.com

pages not showing up.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I see you have a menu added to the page, so now the next step is to rename the links and connect them to the appropriate pages. Follow this thread: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

How do I get pages to show in navigation window... I accidentally deleted..... Help please!.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I deleted my navigation bar and can't get back on...HELP.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi lynnetteappling5990,

Please use the instructions above to create a navigation menu - But, select use existing rather than create new.

*you copy/paste it to any other pages you need to

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Ehsan

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I did something that deleted my menu bar (Home, Job, Photos)... now I can't get it back...
If someone could call me that would be marvelous!!! 410-302-7084

menu bar gone.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Just follow the steps above, except, when you get to step 3. you will see an option to "use existing" instead of "create new". Just choose that option and it will reappear.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance

Thanks!

Mike

1 Message

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

When I go to edit on intuit I can view both pages but when I pull up actual website only one page shows up. I can't seem to get more than one page to show on my website. Any suggestions?

I created two pages on my website but when I view on internet only one page shows (not the one I want). How do I make both pages show up?.

1 Message

• 

138 Points

11 years ago

How come I am not able to see more than just the first page on my website. I published 4 pages. About us, jobs, etc,

I see just the first page on my website..

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Vici7053,

It looks like you haven't created a navigation menu which is what will allow you and other viewers of your site to move from one page to another.

Use the instructions above and let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks!

Ehsan

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.