homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:26 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Choose A New Design

Sitebuilder Plus: Choose A New Design
Here are instructions to change your template design for SITEBUILDER PLUS. Before switching your page design, make sure you really want to commit to rebuilding your site in a new template. You'll also want to make sure you still have local copies of any text, images, files, videos that you'll need to re-import onto your pages.

Important: You can look at different templates without starting over. However, when you select a new design. All pages and files in your existing website will be deleted.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.

2. Click Choose a different design.

3. Pick a new template.

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

5 years ago

What if its not giving you an option to change design?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

You may be using WebsiteBuilder, which is the newer software unfortunately, you will not see that option. If you want to choose a different design for those site you will need to create a new site to access the templates again. 

1 Message

• 

110 Points

5 years ago

so I chose a new design in website builder and now I'm ready to delete my old site. When I rename my new site to the correct url and publish it do I need to do anything to make sure I stay connected to search engines or will it automatically link me since I'm using the same url? May seem like a dumb questions but I just want to make sure I don't loose anything. Thanks
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

5 years ago

No worries, it is always good to double check. You can request google to re crawl your website to get any updated information such as new page names and/or new content or you can wait for them to automatically re crawl on their own time. Since you are using the same domain though you will hold all you online credibility with search engines they may just need to index any new pages.

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

5 years ago

So when I click the Website Manager, there is no option visible to "change the design"... what can I do to change the design?  
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

If this is for your WebsiteBuilder site, there is not a way to select change design from the file manager, you will need to add a new website to get access to choose a different design. 

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

Thank you!  And if I do that, I can still keep the domain I was working on and wanting to change designs on?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

That is correct, you will want to attach the existing domain to the new site you create with the new design. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_switch_my_domain_to_a_new_site_i_built

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

Why am I not getting the option to change? I just started and accidentally chose store and I don't want that but the Choose a different design is not in my drop-down box 

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

WebsiteBuilder sites don't have the option to change templates. If you want to start over with a new design, you'll need to create a new website. 

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

choose a different design is not an option

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

"Choose a different design" is not in my dropdown

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

That's because these instructions are for Sitebuilder Plus sites and the site you have is a WebsiteBuilder site. You'll simply need to create a new site to choose a new template. 

8 Messages

• 

140 Points

7 months ago

How do i change the colours on my new website template?