homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 3:47 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add an Image Gallery

Sitebuilder Plus: Add an Image Gallery
Here are instructions to add a photo/image gallery to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site to go to the editor.

2. Open the page that you want to add your gallery to.

3. Click Insert.

4. Hover over Image, then click Photo Gallery.

5. Browse to select the first image to add to your gallery and click OK.

6. The selected image appears on your page, surrounded by a blue outline.

7. To add more images to the gallery, click Add (plus sign) on the Basics tab of the right and browse to select another image. Repeat this step for each image you want to add to the gallery.

8. To change the order in which the images appear in the gallery, select the image to move from the list and click the Up and Down arrows, as appropriate.

9. Optionally, you can add a caption for each image in the gallery by selecting the image and typing the caption in the Caption field.

10. Optionally, you can change the size and the spacing of the thumbnail images in your gallery. On the Basics tab, select the appropriate Thumbnail Size and Thumbnail Spacing settings from the drop-down menus.

11. Change the height and width of your gallery grid by clicking and dragging one of the blue corners of the gallery's bounding box until your gallery looks the way you want.

Before you publish this page, click Preview to make sure your gallery looks and behaves the way you want.

4 Messages

• 

164 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how to have picture show in sequence.

i have picture in my photo gallery that i need show before and after

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the steps above. When you get to step #7, just look to the right side and click on the "+" sign to add additional images to the element. This way it works more like a slide show where the visitor can just click an arrow and scroll through the images.

12 Messages

• 

352 Points

10 years ago

Mass load of photos to a gallery.

I have 90+ photos I want to load to a gallery page. All the pictures have been copied up to the File Manager. So far the only way I can find to do this is one at a time. Is there a better way?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The only way is to add them on at a time (step #7 above).

Mike

5 Messages

• 

206 Points

When will we be able to upload photos more than one at a time? Makes no sense to have to use external sites when I'm paying for this one every month...I don't update my food photos nearly as much as I should because it's so labor intensive...is anything going to be done about this?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The best way to do this, is to use the File Manager, in Sitebuilder Plus. You can select multiple files via the import button. The you can allow the files to upload, while doing something else. Once uploaded, you can more quickly add them to the photo gallery as they will already be uploaded. Just select them from the file list.

3 Messages

• 

112 Points

I just tried this and after i select all the photos that I wanted to add, it said I cant pick multiple files.  It allows me to highlight multiple files, but then says I cant and that I should only pick one.  Frustrating.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I am sorry. You can use the file manager to select and upload all the pictures, but to add them to the gallery, it must be done 1 at a time. Sorry for the frustration.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

10 years ago

What year is the 2002? So many issues with pictures haha.

Is it possible to add fb code and display a photo page?

Something like this [fbphotos id=1432439773635438]

within the homestead cms?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hello Brian4772,

You could use an HTML box to insert an iframe to any URL you wish.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Thanks for the speedy reply, I have been using this <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1432439773635438.1073741832.1432390673640348&type=3&qu...; but to no avail. I just want to add our photos page to the site and embedding it from FB makes sense for me just not sure how your CMS handles. here is the page I would like to iframe is https://www.facebook.com/marinecorpsleague64/photos_stream

Thanks for your help Drew

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Happy to help.  I have never tried this with a Facebook photo gallery, so there might be some issues, like your visitor doesn't have a Facebook account or isn't logged in.

Take a look at the iframe topic.  You will want to add a width a height component to enlarge the window.  You will also probably need to publish the page to look at it, as preview might fail in this case.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Scott1201,   Rather than importing them using the regular image element, you can use the Photo Gallery element instead. This allows you to import multiple images, the SiteBuilder creates the thumbnails for you, and when someone clicks on an image from the live site, it opens the image in a larger view and displays "Prev" & "Next" arrows to advance to the next image.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Mike

7 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

I'm not sure if I understand the question but here is what I did on my website.  I created three separate slideshows but all next to each other.  www.wildbunchhollywood.homestead.com

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Thanks for sharing Victor4384.

Scott1201,  Victor4384's site is using the Image Scroller, which is another option that allows you to display multiple images. It just depends on what affect you are looking for. 

6 Messages

• 

224 Points

10 years ago

I want to add a picture gallery to my site how do I do this.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

highlightshairstudio,  Follow the steps on this thread and let us know if you run into any problems. 

Mike 

6 Messages

• 

214 Points

10 years ago

enlarged views.

How can I make it so the visitors can click on an image and the enlarged view opens in a new window?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Norm6794,   If you add you pictures using the photo gallery element, they will do this. 

6 Messages

• 

214 Points

10 years ago

How can my images have an "Enlarged View" option?.

How can I have enlarged views of images and/or where the visitor and click on an image and it pops up larger in another window?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Norm6794,   there are several ways to do this and it really depends if you are wanting some special effect or not. The easiest way is to use the Photo Gallery element as shown in this thread. 

Mike 

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

Hello,  I wish to add photos to my site.  After reading the instructions, It seemed pretty clear and straight forward.  However, as I scroll down to the reply's, I'm finding that it appears the instructions are not so clear and concise as things happen or do no happen by what I'm reading.  Has these issues been resolved or should I go ahead and put photos in and take a chance I lose them or?  Thank You for a reply.  Are there additional costs for this and how much per page?  

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Bruce0313,   Where exactly are you stuck or confused? The Photo Gallery has been working fine for years and has not required any fix, or resolution. By adding images to the Photo Gallery there is not a risk of you losing them. There is no extra charge for using the Photo Gallery, but, users that are on our Starter hosting plan may eventually run out of disk space depending on how many photos they tray to add. 

Mike 

7 Messages

• 

352 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I add a picture to a page and have it enlarged when clicked on?.

I added a group of pictures to a page that had other groups.  The pictures in the other groups would expand when clicked on.  The recent ones do not expand when clicked on.  what is the procedure to add pictures that will expand when clicked on?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You would add a photo gallery to your site to achieve this. 

7 Messages

• 

352 Points

Thank you.  Next question would been how do I add photo gallery.  However, I copied an existing grouping of pictures and pasted on the same page.  Then deleted and replaced photos. So I guess those are called galleries.  What confused me was the term photo gallery when I am only putting 3 or 4 pictures in each "gallery" .   Sounds like a "gallery" can be just 1 picture.  I saw the other post that told how to ad a gallery, so I am good.  

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I create different photo albums on my photo gallery page?.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You would add an additional photo gallery element to your page as shown in the article above.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to enlarge my image by clicking on the image. How do I do this?.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

The only way to do this is with the photo gallery element.

9 Messages

• 

190 Points

8 years ago

my pictures are saved in my photo gallery and are jpeg compatible but yet when i try to upload a photo it says it wont because it's not jpeg supported but yet it is. Confusing and frustrating.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Can you post an image here?

9 Messages

• 

190 Points

apparently not

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

What is happening when you try? Is it a jpg image or something else?

9 Messages

• 

190 Points

Sorry! We were unable to upload your image because it is not a PNG, JPG, or GIF file. Please ensure your image is one of these formats and try again.

9 Messages

• 

190 Points

This is what I am seeing when i try to post a picture. 

64 Messages

• 

1K Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I rotate an image or a thumbnail for the photo gallery?.

How do I rotate an image or picture that I have used to create a photo gallery? I need to change the orientation of the thumbnail and the expanded image?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled THUMBNAILS.

CLICK AND ENLARGE SIZE

1 Message

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

The upload does not complete the process for uploading the picture? What is preventing the process?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It could be that you have spaces or special characters in the file names of the images. It is best to only have letters and numbers. It could also be the browser. Internet Explorer 11 is pretty flaky. Try Chrome or Firefox.