44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:13 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add a Youtube Video

Sitebuilder Plus: Add a Youtube Video
Here's how you add a YouTube video to your website:

First, get the URL for the YouTube video:

1. Go to http://www.youtube.com.

2. Load the page for the desired video.

3. Copy the URL, either by copying the address that appears in the address bar of your browser, or by copying the address that appears in the video information box on the right, next to URL.

4. If the address that appears in your browser's address bar is "http://www.youtube.com " or if you do not see the desired video playing on the YouTube page you are viewing, please click through to view the desired video. The URL needs to be for the video, not for the main YouTube page or a YouTube search results page.

Next, add the YouTube element to your website:

1. Go to or sign in your website account.

2. Click Websites Manager link in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Then, select YouTube Video

4. Once selected, enter the YouTube URL you copied into the YouTube Video Settings on the far right.

5. Drag the YouTube box to the area you would like the video to play on your page.

6. Save and Publish.

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

12 years ago

Hi,

I don't know what is video's URL, and don't know where to find it in Youtube video. Can some one help find and how to copy it, please. Please send your answer to my email:

familykum65@yahoo.com

Thanks

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how to add you tube videos to website, can I add more than one video ?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
You Tube Videos.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi William -

Please check out the steps above to add YouTube videos to your site. You can add as many YouTube videos as you'd like :)

Thanks,
Aubrey

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Need to add a you tube connection for video?.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I insert a youtube file?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Stephen1838,  This page shows how to embed the youtube code. 

Mike

1 Message

• 

110 Points

10 years ago

This is all fine and dandy but the video needs to take up the whole page in order for the viewer not to see the video in a 1 inch by 1 inch screen.
I then just put a link to it by copying and pasting the link in a text box and the link will not work.  How can I get them to click on a link and it takes them to YouTube to watch the video.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Stephen6259,

You can resize the YouTube element by dragging the corner to make it larger. You can also view the topic on how to link text, if you want to link directly to YouTube

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I embed a Youtube video onto my website so that people can see the video ....
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hi Maria1978!
If you look at the article above, this should help you out with adding a YouTube video to your website, I hope this is helpful!

17 Messages

• 

290 Points

2 years ago

This needs to be updated

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

This information is still correct for Sitebuilder Plus sites. If this looks different than what you see, it may be that you're using a different builder. Do these instructions work better?

‎WebsiteBuilder: Add Media Files | Homestead Community

11 Messages

• 

428 Points

2 years ago

I added a youtube video to my website. The video plays fine but gives the viewer an option to watch more youtube videos. It gives the viewer access to all my youtube videos.  How do I keep that from happening and have just the one video I posted play? 

Thanks!

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

You may need to add the video via HTML provided by Youtube that has that limitation embedded in it. 

11 Messages

• 

428 Points

2 years ago

Easy to load and publish but it gets blurry when someone enlarges the video to youtube. The video on youtube is clear and sharp but not when viewed on my website. How can I fix this quality issue?

thanks! 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

9 months ago

When adding videos to our site, the thumbnail image which is displayed does not have alt text on it and the websitebuilder interface doesn't seem to provide a means to add it. Accessibility scanners are flagging the lack of alt text on these thumbnails as an issue. Is there a way to set the alt text for that thumbnail image?

1 Message

• 

60 Points

8 months ago

Not having any luck posting a youtube 'short' video.  Sitebuilder does not the address for the 'short' vids.  Why?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Shorts are not accepted by our YouTube element. These types of videos would need to be added via HTML from YouTube 

13 Messages

• 

220 Points

2 months ago

Unable to add Youtube video, I have copied and pasted URL multiple times and homestead keeps giving me the error, "Please enter a valid URL"

13 Messages

• 

220 Points

2 months ago

Unable to add Youtube Video after doing so for over 5 years...when I copy and paste URL it gives me the message "Must enter a valid URL"