evelyn2594's profile

3 Messages

• 

264 Points

Saturday, September 16th, 2023 10:09 PM

Site Builder Plus

I would like to build a new website with the Sitebuilder Plus.  Can I create a new site using a temporarly name with homesteadcloud.com as domain name and then have my old domain name linked to the new site once I've built it? I want to be able to pull info from the older site as well as keep the older site running until I complete the new site.  Will I also be able to add my store to the new site from the old site?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

10 months ago

HOW TO BUILD A NEW WEBSITE
You'll be starting over.
But, it will be worth it.
How to Add a New Website in Homestead
View this video: https://youtu.be/tl9mEFG9Rao

3 Messages

• 

264 Points

Thank you for your response!  I'm so glad to know that I'm doing the right steps.  I went on another search after posting my question, and the video you shared matched what I have been doing for the last couple of hours!  I'm a happy camper! :)

15 Messages

• 

252 Points

I tried this,  Anybody know why My Iphone photos come out , out of shape. I like site builder plus but Iphone photos don't look right on it.  If I go to the new web builder site I'll have to start all over.  

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@dave0123_6ed681​ What is your url?

Use the properties editor to align your images.

WHY HOMESTEAD'S NEW WEBSITEBUILDER PROGRAM?
You need to have a website program that is mobile friendly. That's why the old homestead sitebuilder desktop and sitebuilder plus architecture won't work. All website hosting companies have had to upgrade their programs to accommodate the new mobile demands. Like window 7 is made obsolete by windows 10. Homestead's new Websitebuilder is their solution to mobile friendly website design. We need to be flexible is these rapidly changing times. Change or be left behind.
For WebsiteBuilder sites look at these instructions.
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-password-protected-pages
NEW WEBSITEBUILDER:
You can upgrade to the new WebsiteBuilder! You can rebuild your site in the background while your old one is still up and running. After you're done, Homestead can switch your domain over. This new builder has a mobile editor built in.
Helpful Youtube tutorial videos on this builder, if you would like to watch those: https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites/videos

HOW TO SEE ALL THE ELEMENTS ON A PAGE:
In your editor, press the CTRL key down and tap A. This will highlight all the elements on the page. You should then be able to find the text box, click on it and delete it.

LAYERING ELEMENTS:
Layering procedure: Select the element > right-click> choose your layering command.
The help section has no explanation for the "Bring Forward" and "Send Back" elements in the Image Setting menu. I don't think they have any purpose currently. Perhaps they did. what we've been trying to make them do, at one time. The programmers should try fixing that. It's very misleading. Also, there's no other explanation for layering. Layering is an excellent feature. Now you know how to use it, you'll find many applications for it.

BLENDING MULTI ELEMENTS:
I can't identify the structure of your content but I can inform you that you cannot impose one text box over another and expect their relative positions to translate on your published site. The same applies to integrating images into a text composition.