ingrid7884's profile

31 Messages

• 

582 Points

Friday, January 5th, 2024 12:18 AM

Fix the issue with forms not being sent to emails!!!!!!

READ THIS BEFORE MY POST - If your name is Russell and you are a community member who does not work at Homestead and can offer no other solution but to call the Homestead phone number to try to get help, please DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST. This is a post for an employee of Homestead or anyone who can actually offer helpful suggestions and solutions. I completely agree with you, Russell, Homestead technical support SHOULD  indeed be able to help with this. However, as I have explained to you now multiple times, they haven't been able to offer a workable solution yet. So stop suggesting that to everyone who posts in this community. You are not being helpful at all. Quite the opposite actually.

Now, for anyone who isn't Russell, read on:

This is my 2nd time writing about this and I am far from the only person experiencing it. I have forms that I require my clients to fill out before we meet for the first time. For the past 6 months or so I have been dealing with an issue where my clients fill out the forms and submit them to my email address. Some of them actually get sent to my email but others do not.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. I spent more than an hour talking to someone at Homestead in technical support (see Russell? It didn't help!)

2. The technical support person incorrectly told me that the email address I have my forms going to was no longer valid. I know this to be completely incorrect because it is one of my main work emails and I get emails there every day. Plus, that still doesn't explain why some of the forms are getting sent through but not all of them.

3. The one helpful thing the tech was able to tell me about was an alternate way to find the filled out forms. However, the way the information is formatted makes it very difficult to read. Also, I have no way to saving these forms on my own computer, which is needed for the business that I do as I need the forms to be in the client files for legal purposes.

4. Despite knowing that the technician was incorrect about my email being not in use anymore, I did go and direct each and every form to a different email address to see if that might work. As I suspected, the email address was not the problem. I got some of the forms sent to that email but others were not sent.

I don't know what else to do. If, by any chance, there are actual employees of Homestead who check these community threads, PLEASE respond. From what I can tell, this problem is still not showing up as a known issue on the status page.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

165 Messages

• 

8K Points

6 months ago

Same problem here. It needs fixed ASAP.

In the future we also need a way to block users like "Russell" that waste our time with useless tripe.

Thanks to all...

13 Messages

• 

430 Points

6 months ago

Agreed!  This issue has cost me a lot of time and money over the last 6 mos.  If not resolved ASAP I am going to move my site to a better platform.  Over it!

31 Messages

• 

698 Points

5 months ago

Same problem.  Unknown how much business I'm losing.  Homestead has really gone downhill. 

31 Messages

• 

582 Points

@stephen6243​ I was just on the phone with a Technical support agent about this issue as I got your response and I have a few new details that might help.

First of all, your customers can still fill out your forms and send them to you. If you do not get them in your email account, you can find the filled out forms in a list format by clicking on the "more Arrow: in the website manager section. Under the "Edit Site" button you will see "More". When you click on the arrow it will open up another list. Click on "manage forms". All of the forms that have been emailed to you should be there. You can get the information from them there.

The person I spoke with told me that the first thing we can do is to remove the current submit buttons and replace them with new ones and see if that works. If it does not work, she suggested that I do a new website using the newer software called "Website Builder". She suggested I play around with it to see and that when I am ready to publish, I can go ahead and let them know and they can transfer the domain name. I am not sure if I am ready to start messing with that yet. But it is an option. She said this issue is not happening with people who are using the newer website builder.

Hopefully some of this will be helpful information. They do offer a service to help build a website for you but I think they charge extra for that.

31 Messages

• 

698 Points

The first five messages, totalling $15-$20k worth of business in there.  First I had to recreate my entire site one page at a time using the new website builder, the I still had to deal with cloudflare, now I find out my messages weren't coming in.

Every once in a while I would check to make sure it worked, at it would, but the first text file I opened I didn't see ANY of these messages.  35 of them, all lost opportunities.

Exhausting.

31 Messages

• 

582 Points

Hmm.I think that is a different issue than the one I am referring to. I am referring to the forms on my website that my clients need to fill out. At the bottom of each form is a submit button that is tied to my email address. When they click the submit button, the filled out forms are supposed to be sent directly to my email inbox. For the past few months, some of them have been sent but others have not and it's not consistent as to which forms are sent and which ones are not.

I can access them by using the procedure I outlined about but it is a pain in the ass. As far as I know, I am not having any issues getting emails sent to me from my contact page. I am only referring to the client forms that have to be filled out before I can start working with my clients.

It sounds like you already switched your website to the new website builder. I am still using SiteBuilder for my website. So I haven't even attempted to switch over to the new software.

So I think you and I are experiencing different issues. Pretty sure my contact page is still sending me emails once the form is filled out.

31 Messages

• 

698 Points

I understood your message and followed the procedure.  I downloaded all the messages and as I'm going through the opportunities missed I'm rather emotionally compromised.

31 Messages

• 

582 Points

@stephen6243​ Interesting. I just checked my contact page and sent myself a test message and it showed up right away. As far as I  know I have not been missing client messages about setting up new appointments. The only thing I have been having trouble with is getting the clients forms that they fill out.

31 Messages

• 

698 Points

5 months ago

I downloaded all the messages in "manage forms."

31 Messages

• 

582 Points

@stephen6243​  strange. The only thing I find in manage forms are the actual forms that I have my clients fill out. I don’t see any contact messages in manage forms. But I have been receiving emails from prospective clients and it just worked fine for me when I sent a test message. 

165 Messages

• 

8K Points

The whole problem is the randomness. I thought I was good to go after a single test I ran myself when this all started. Turns out maybe half the time or worse the forms that are submitted don't come through at all.  

I finally gave up an embedded a form from https://www.jotform.com last week.

Luckily, my jot form account was still able to be accessed due to the fact we all went through this same mess several years ago...good luck to all.