homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 6:11 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add PayPal Buttons

Sitebuilder Plus: Add PayPal Buttons
Here are instructions to set up PayPal and add the buttons to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site to go to the editor.

2. In the SiteBuilder toolbar, click Insert.

3. Click More on the right, then click PayPal Button.

4. Note: This button isn't available if you already have SimpleStore. If you have SimpleStore, the option to use PayPal is built right in.

5. You'll be asked to set up a PayPal account or link an existing account to your SiteBuilder website. Follow the on-screen instructions or sign up for a PayPal account.

6. If you've already setup PayPal to work with SiteBuilder, the PayPal Button setup window will appear to the right. To add a new item to sell, click Edit Products.

7. The Product Manager window opens. Enter a product name (required), description, SKU, and price.

8. Important: When choosing a product name, avoid using a forward slash " / " as this character redirects the PayPal button to the wrong location on the Internet.

9. Click OK. Repeat these steps until all of your products are available online.

10. Save and Publish your page.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Here are instructions to set up PayPal and add the buttons to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site to go to the editor.

2. In the SiteBuilder toolbar, click Insert.

3. Click More on the right, then click PayPal Button.

4. Note: This button isn't available if you already have SimpleStore. If you have SimpleStore, the option to use PayPal is built right in.

5. You'll be asked to set up a PayPal account or link an existing account to your SiteBuilder website. Follow the on-screen instructions or sign up for a PayPal account.

6. If you've already setup PayPal to work with SiteBuilder, the PayPal Button setup window will appear to the right. To add a new item to sell, click Edit Products.

7. The Product Manager window opens. Enter a product name (required), description, SKU, and price.

8. Important: When choosing a product name, avoid using a forward slash " / " as this character redirects the PayPal button to the wrong location on the Internet.

9. Click OK. Repeat these steps until all of your products are available online.

10. Save and Publish your page.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.

5 Messages

• 

176 Points

Thank you.  I got the button up, but the link I added yesterday appears in the left hand corner with a drop down for choices and the button I just inserted does only one of the choices.  It seems more difficult with Homestead than it was with Intuit.  I will keep at it.

15 Messages

• 

480 Points

The last I heard, Homestead was bought by Intuit a few years ago.  They kept the name, but it's still an Intuit company unless things have changed.  I think trying to make the site easier to use sometimes results in making it harder--or at least different.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi HaveScripts,

Intuit purchased Homestead in 2007. Intuit then sold Homestead late 2012. With all of the data migrations and contractual obligations as a result of the sale, neither Sitebuilder has changed much since the Intuit days.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Now that we are setting up our e-commerce site, I need to add pay pal as another option. I do not see what the guarantee is with Paypal. Does anyone know if: 1. the funds can be withdrawn after we have shipped the item? 2. Are the funds available immediately? 3. what percentage is typical for PayPal to charge?

32 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

When I connect a PayPal account to my website - is this automatically enrolling me into SimpleStore and thus charging me for it? Or is the PayPal option something entirely separate?

1 Message

• 

112 Points

12 years ago

how do i add pay pal

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
pay pal.

4 Messages

• 

200 Points

12 years ago

I guess I have a 'simple store' but when I hit the preview button no link to paypal shows up also no buy button is on store link and no quanity button is shown

12 Messages

• 

534 Points

12 years ago

I am having the same problem, I have storefront and I tried adding the paypal button and no luck! why does this have to be some complicated

4 Messages

• 

200 Points

12 years ago

esther4477 I will try to call intuit and paypal 1/2/2013 in PM I will post what I find out. if you will email me earl.sundquist@live.com with your business or personal email I will contact you direct when I find something out.

2 Messages

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

Connecting to PayPal to set up an account through my website.

I have been instructed by the help menu to set up a PayPal account from this end by clicking on the "MORE link" Have been looking around for awhile, can not find this more link anywhere

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I can't figure out how to add Paypal to my website. Can anyone help?.

I upgraded my account a few weeks ago so that I could offer the option to pay with Paypal for my clients. I can't figure out how to add it to my site. Help!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do you link your product to the payment system?.

I have an e book that I am trying to sell on my site. The payment/pay pal account is set up but there is no connection for the actual product?

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

click on the add html button then paste your button code from paypal that you created!
the create paypal button didnt work for me

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

10 years ago

4 Messages

• 

206 Points

10 years ago

add paypal button.

Adding a paypal button! I followed instructions in the community help area! I am trying to follow the "on screen instructions" but the instructions DO NOT MATCH MY OPTIONS. I cant find what I am supposed to click on. Overly frustrated! I have tried live chat 2 times as well, again, no help!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Based on the instructions above, can you explain where you are getting stuck at?

Mike

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

I'm having the same problem, as the Paypal account info doesn't seem to be in our website anymore. The error message says (short form): Save your page, then go to the arrow under save and save all..... There is no save all. Then it says go to "my account" in the upper right hand corner. There is no such link there either. It's HUGELY frustrating, not to mention poor user friendliness. This site is supposed to be doing is making easier, and it's definitely missing the mark on that one.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Becki3751,  follow the steps on this page. You'll first need to add the PayPal account, and then when you get back into the SiteBuilder, you'll be able to add the butttons. 

15 Messages

• 

480 Points

I'm having the same problem.  There is no Save All in SiteBuilder Plus and no option on my account menu.  What do I do? 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi HaveScripts,

Which site and page are you working on? You should be able to add Paypal buttons easily. You have already added your Paypal account, Exactly where are you stuck?

Drew

3 Messages

• 

232 Points

10 years ago

simple store not active.

I've added simple store and was trying to add a donation form.  It continues to prompt me to add simple store.  Does it take time for the simplestore to become active?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I have removed the store.  You can add Paypal buttons per the instructions above.

Thanks

Drew

4 Messages

• 

196 Points

10 years ago

Alternately, you can add a button that you make at the paypal website and add it using the html option on sitebuilder. 

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

10 years ago

Correct danielle0628,   It is also important to know that if you create your buttons using the html code from PayPal, you can create more sophisticated functionality. However if you use the buttons created in SiteBuilder the system holds your products in a database where they can be saved if you need to use them multiple times or remove, then add back on at a later time. Both systems work well.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

196 Points

The only downside to that is I couldn't find a way to enter a quantity.  So for me, I make my products one at a time, and each one is unique.  I can't be selling more than one, so I really need that 'sold-out' option that paypal offers.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Right,  there's no sold out option using the standard buttons. Thanks for sharing!

5 Messages

• 

176 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding a paypal button.

How do I add a new paypal button

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Roseann1197,

Just follow these instructions.

Drew

15 Messages

• 

480 Points

Remember, those instructions only work if you have already established and synced your PayPal account with Homestead.  To do that, Start below the edit site link and go to "more" then to the PayPal prompt.  I learned this yesterday--thanks Drew.  And I had asked the same question as Roseann1197.  (I was asking the wrong question.)

jean

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Thanks HaveScripts.

5 Messages

• 

176 Points

I really believe if all of these sites would stop making things "better", we could all get a lot more done quickly and easily because their better is not as apparent as they think.

5 Messages

• 

226 Points

The directions that come up on sitebuilder do not make any sense at all. I have a paypal account and the directions for linkage are not even relevant to what is in sitebuilder. Or am I nuts?