How Can A Business Use Blogging?
Businesses operate in an ever-changing landscape of technology and consumer demands.
It is becoming increasingly important for small businesses to develop a strong web presence to engage and communicate with their customers.
While having a highly optimized website is an essential component in the development of a comprehensive online marketing and branding strategy, the competitive nature of the global economy demands that businesses go further.
One of the most effective ways to build brand awareness, while providing relevant and useful content to your target audience is through consistent blogging.
Blogging is an inexpensive way for small businesses to drive traffic to their site, enhance inbound marketing efforts, and attract more prospective customers.
According to a recent inbound marketing report, nearly 80% of companies that use blogging as a part of their marketing strategy reported acquiring customers through their blogging efforts.
Additionally, 82% of businesses admit that blogging is critical to their business.
Here are five powerful benefits of blogging for your small business:
1. Exceptional Boost To Search Engine Optimisation All of the major search engines love fresh, relevant content and blogging is one of the most straightforward and inexpensive methods for a business to create this.
When a business creates blog posts consistently, they are constantly providing Google, Bing, Yahoo, and the others with fresh content to index.
This is also an opportunity for businesses to insert those relevant keywords that consumers will use to search for the types of services or products that the business offers.
2. Develop And Strengthen Relationships With Existing And New Customers Customer engagement is an immensely important element of online marketing and branding.
Blogging provides the opportunity for you to connect with your existing and potential customers in a different, more conversational way.
Blogging is a good way to build trust with your target audience through high-quality content that they find relevant.
With an active comment section, you will also be able to follow the visitors' responses to your posts, and you will be able to respond directly to their comments, which is huge in building trust and relationships.
3. Establish Your Business As An Industry Leader It does not matter how small your business is, blogging is a good way for your business to build trust and establish clout in your industry.
By providing content that will be viewed as valuable, expert information, your potential customers get to see the knowledge and experience that you have gained in your field.
Over time, writing regularly helpful and informative blogs will make you the "go-to" tool within the industry in your particular niche, leading to more inquiries and higher conversion rates.
4. Connect People To Your Brand Brand awareness is an immensely important element of marketing and blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business.
You can open up your brand message and engage existing and prospective customers in a way not possible through outbound marketing mechanisms and techniques.
Blogging will give others a lucid sense of corporate standards, business character, vision, and the personality of your company.
5. Create Opportunities For Sharing One of the most powerful benefits of blogging is the opportunity it creates for others to share the link to your blog.
This creates the potential for viral traffic and exponential market growth. With so many different sharing platforms available, visitors can share the direct link to the blog, tweet it, or email it to a friend. This is the epitome of free marketing.
Summary If you are interested in increasing your online exposure while establishing yourself as an expert in your industry, then you will definitely want to take advantage of blogging as a marketing strategy. When it comes to small businesses, blogging is virtually a must.