homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:50 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Facebook Like Button

Sitebuilder Plus: Facebook Like Button
Here are instructions to get the Facebook like button on your website.

Grab the HTML code from Facebook

1. Go to this website: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/r...

2. Fill out "Step 1 - Get Like Button Code" to customize your like button.
    Note: Use your Facebook URL for URL to Like.

3. . Then, click Get Code which will populate two segments of code that you'll need to add to your website. Make sure to copy both lines of code. Tip: It's a good idea to paste them into a notepad file.

Add HTML code to Facebook

1. Go to or sign in to your website account.

2. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Paste the 1st segment of html code. This html code doesn't generate the Facebook button so it doesn't matter where this html box is located on your webpage. I recommend moving it to a section on your page where it is out of the way.

6. Repeat steps 3-5. But, this time add the second segment of code you received. This is the code that will generate the like button so make sure to move the html placeholder box to the specific section on that page you would like it to appear.

7. Save and Publish your website to see the Facebook Like button on your website.

Hope the helps

13 Messages

• 

630 Points

6 years ago

Do I add it through IMAGE? Because if I do it there, there's no option to find a png file.

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Oh, ok. You are using a very old program that really isn't recommended to use anymore. My best suggestion would be to start using Sitebuilder Plus. You can definitely upload PNG files in that builder. You should be able to in that program you have but if it is not allowing you to, there is nothing I can do about it. That builder is severely outdated and not supported anymore. If you won't use Sitebuilder Plus, you might just have to hunt for a jpg or find a file converter. 

13 Messages

• 

630 Points

6 years ago

I eventually plan to try the new Website Builder. But for now, maybe I can try a file converter. Thanks for your help the past few days! :-)

13 Messages

• 

630 Points

6 years ago

Converting the file worked. Thanks.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

I'm glad that worked.

12 Messages

• 

622 Points

5 years ago

Hi Elyzabeth
I thought I followed instructions to add the like and share button to my website from 
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-button
But when I add the two codes nothing appears, what am I doing wrong
Thank you
Tami
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

This article is from 2012, so it seems to have been made before both builders had a Facebook like element. Since the builders have built in social elements, you don't have to use code. However, if you still do want to use this code, just paste them both into the same HTML box, just add a line (press enter) between the two snippets of code. That is what worked when I tested it on my end.