homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:50 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Facebook Like Button

Sitebuilder Plus: Facebook Like Button
Here are instructions to get the Facebook like button on your website.

Grab the HTML code from Facebook

1. Go to this website: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/r...

2. Fill out "Step 1 - Get Like Button Code" to customize your like button.
    Note: Use your Facebook URL for URL to Like.

3. . Then, click Get Code which will populate two segments of code that you'll need to add to your website. Make sure to copy both lines of code. Tip: It's a good idea to paste them into a notepad file.

Add HTML code to Facebook

1. Go to or sign in to your website account.

2. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Paste the 1st segment of html code. This html code doesn't generate the Facebook button so it doesn't matter where this html box is located on your webpage. I recommend moving it to a section on your page where it is out of the way.

6. Repeat steps 3-5. But, this time add the second segment of code you received. This is the code that will generate the like button so make sure to move the html placeholder box to the specific section on that page you would like it to appear.

7. Save and Publish your website to see the Facebook Like button on your website.

Hope the helps
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions to get the Facebook like button on your website.

Grab the HTML code from Facebook

1. Go to this website: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/r...

2. Fill out "Step 1 - Get Like Button Code" to customize your like button.
    Note: Use your Facebook URL for URL to Like.

3. . Then, click Get Code which will populate two segments of code that you'll need to add to your website. Make sure to copy both lines of code. Tip: It's a good idea to paste them into a notepad file.

Add HTML code to Facebook

1. Go to or sign in to your website account.

2. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Paste the 1st segment of html code. This html code doesn't generate the Facebook button so it doesn't matter where this html box is located on your webpage. I recommend moving it to a section on your page where it is out of the way.

6. Repeat steps 3-5. But, this time add the second segment of code you received. This is the code that will generate the like button so make sure to move the html placeholder box to the specific section on that page you would like it to appear.

7. Save and Publish your website to see the Facebook Like button on your website.

Hope the helps,

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

It may be me, but your instructions did not work. They are very detailed. I felt well-guided. There were steps that were not like my web design page beginning with Step 4. A large dialogue box appeared that left instructed me to type in a "snippet." And, then both boxes for the html code appeared on my published pages.

59 Messages

• 

28.3K Points

Hi Susan,

I'm very sorry for not seeing your post. Hopefully you were able to fix the issue. If not, once you add the html box element (step 3), make sure that html box is highlighted (just click on it). With it highlighted, on the far right of your screen you will see the html settings section. There should be a button there that asks you to enter or paste in the code. When you click on that button, a small window will open. Delete the sentence that is there and paste in the code from Facebook. When you publish it should bring up the like button and not code.

If you would reply with your facebook URL...I'd be more than happy to help get this set up for you.

Thanks!

Chris

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

Didn't work for me either. 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

kadenzakids1109, what is happening?

12 Messages

• 

662 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
need facebook like button on website that shows how many people have liked us.

How do I get like button on my site that shows how many people have liked me on facebook I have the follow us on facebook button that is FINALLY working (no fault of homestead) thanks for your help

2 Messages

• 

182 Points

11 years ago

Facebook Activity Feed.

I would like to add an Activity Feed from a Fb-page to my homepage. How do I do it? Greatful for answers!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Sven7090,

I have had the best luck getting the html codes directly from Facebook. Here is a link to the Facebook Develpers page: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/...

You'll see that there is a variety of different elements that you can add to your page but creating your own custom code right on their site and embedding it into your web page.

I've found this to be more reliable than using other 3rd party apps.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

"Sharing" Apps for our Website.

How can you add a "share" link to your website so that visitors can have the opportunity to send e-mail or other social connections about our website?

23 Messages

• 

674 Points

10 years ago

Social media sharing.

I would like to have a Facebook "Share" button, a Facebook "Like" button and a button to tweet thing to Twitter on specific images or articles on my website. I've added the Facebook and Twitter icons from the "Insert" function in Sitebuilder Plus but the Facebook one is just a like button for my overall site, not the specific item. And the twitter button just asks to follow me. Are these items available?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can get a large variety of facebook buttons from the Facebook developers site, and then just add the code as shown above.

For Twitter, you may check this site: https://dev.twitter.com/

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

how to show the name and profile of the people who liked our site on facebook.

when people visit my website how can they see others who like my site

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The standard like button won't do this but you can visit the Facebook developers page and obtain custom html code for a variety of different widgets which you can embed in your site: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/...

Mike

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Facebook "like" button image.

I just added a facebook like button, but I do not like the graphic that is being posted once a person clicks the button. Does anyone know how to update the image?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You may want to visit the Facebook Developers page as there are many customized options that you can choose from and add those to your site by just using their embed code.

27 Messages

• 

1K Points

10 years ago

how do i add a facebook news feed to my website?.

I would like my facebook newsfeed to appear in a box on my website (like with Twitter). Does anybody know the HTML code for that, or how to do it?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Bob1065

Follow the steps above. If you click the link in step #1 and go to the Facebook developers page, you'll see  that they provide you with code for many different buttons and feeds.

Mike

27 Messages

• 

1K Points

For some reason, when I click on the link above, and I sign into Homestead, it keeps flashing "You have logged in successfully" over and over. But it doesn't matter. I figured it out. Thanks.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

OK. Let us know if you have any other problems.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

170 Points

10 years ago

I followed all these instructions in detail. My Facebook plugin shows up but I am unable to click on it as a link. The cursor does not change when I hover over it. Can you help please, thanks! 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You have the Linked in button sitting on top of the other. If you look in Sitebuilder, spread out the HTML boxes. You should be able to change there size as well to help keep the spacing you want.

Drew

3 Messages

• 

170 Points

Ah yes indeed, thanks!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

1 Message

• 

110 Points

9 years ago

I tried the instructions above. It seemed to work great! I saved and previewd the page and all was fine. Then I published the page and it was still there. Later I closed my browser and the next time I looked at my website the LIKE button was gone and then I logged into Homestead and it was gone there too.

I hate Homestead with a passion!!!1

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

I'm sorry this happened to you. We do not automatically revert sites in any way so I'm not sure how this would have happened. Is it on a different page? Does anyone else edit your website also?

49 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

9 years ago

When I added this an advertisement for homestead popped up at the bottom.  How do I removed this?  @chris3758, you probably just need to hit refresh.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Is this part of the footer with copyright information? If not, what page is affected and I can look.

49 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

I fixed it by deselecting include copyright in the footer section of page setup but thank you!

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

No problem!

6 Messages

• 

202 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I link my website home page to my facebook page.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I hope this guide helps you out.

13 Messages

• 

630 Points

6 years ago

I was able to follow the instructions to get a Facebook Like button and a Share button. However, there is no Facebook "F" icon to go with them. Where can I get that? All I can find is a png file, which Homestead won't let me insert on my website.
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Adding an image would be the way to accomplish this. What happens when you try to add that file?

13 Messages

• 

630 Points

6 years ago

I want to add an image, but the only Facebook images I can find are png files, not jpg or gif.
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

png is fine. What happens when you try to add the file?