homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:33 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML

Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML
Here is how you can add a widget or HTML code to your website:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

3. The HTML placeholder will automatically go to the upper left corner of your page. Click and drag the element to where you want it on your page.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Remove the current text in the small window and copy in the html code you have for your widget.

6. Save and Publish your website to see your HTML widget on your website.

Important: You need to use preview mode or publish your site to view your HTML code or widget. You can't see HTML elements in edit mode.

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
PayPal button - drop down menu.

I tried to insert a button from PayPal to my site, however it says that you have to use the HTML part of the site to insert it. I tried that and all that happened is the code itself showed up not the button and then the whole site froze up and I could not do anything. Is there anyone who can walk me through this easy steps from point A to D or whatever. I had the HTML box down where I wanted it, but when I tried to covert it after publishing or saving, it was still the same encrypted code, no button!!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

As long as you insert the code as shown here, it should work. If it displays the code instead of the button, make sure you are viewing the live site. If you still see the code, then there's probably something broken in the code, perhaps some of the script didn't copy over. Double check that the full script got copied.

Mike

1 Message

• 

120 Points

10 years ago

Hello, could you please add to dns domain http://www.liipconsulting.com
SPF record
name: @
text: v=spf1 redirect=_spf.mail.ru

thank you

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Isee this was done.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

10 years ago

I asked before and have forgotten how to get a donate button on to my website from paypal?.

I need a donate button on my website?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You actually have to get the html code from paypal's site. then paste it into your own site as shown above.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Does website have the ability to add a scrolling news ticker?.

Does website have the ability to add a scrolling news ticker? Or does anyone know how to add it by attaching code?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It will really depend on the data source, but, if you search google, there's a good chance you can find some html code you can just copy and paste into a web page using the steps above.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How to add a Pintrest button to the page.

Went to the Pintrest Widget builder site and created a Pin It button. The final step is to copy and paste the code on the page to make the Pin It button appear. Where do I paste this code? Is there a particular place to paste the code?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Does Homestead support framesets.

I have a page with framesets. One of the frames loads a src registration2 but it does not work. So the question is does Homestead support frames?

'

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Yes. but you do have create/add the code manually. The Sitebuilder itself will not do it.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

Google remarketing.

I am trying to add Google's remarketing tag code to my website. It says"copy the remarketing tag code and paste it at the bottom of all pages, before the closing "" tag. I can't find the "" tag. Can someone tell me where to find it?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Robert7237, You can add it using the steps above. Just move the html box/element to the very bottom of the page so that it is below all the other content on the page.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

Google Analytics.

I need to know how to get the code for Google Analytics on to my websites?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can just add it to the body of each page using the steps above.

3 Messages

• 

154 Points

10 years ago

PayPal link doesn't show up on everyone's computer when they try to pay online. WHY???.

Why do so many of my customers say the pay pal link isn't showing up on my website? I have a lot of people that pay online via the paypal link and as many say the link is not there. Please help. This is a great inconvenience for my customers. Thanks

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Whoever added the PayPal html code to your site incorrectly placed it in the head section.  You'll need to remove it from there and add it to the body/page.  Follow the steps on this thread to add the code. You'll just place the html box on the page where you want the button to appear.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

154 Points

So I removed the link from all the pages except the make payments page. Will that resolve the problem with some customers not being able to see the link? Also, is there a reason that it doesn't show up on mobile devices? Or do I need a different set up for that? And thank you for your help. It's much appreciated.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Good morning Josh1563,

You still need to move the code from the header into an HTML box on the page.  Cut/paste the code from the page settings into an HTML box as per the instructions above.

Drew

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

10 years ago

How do you add a Hit counter/View counter to your page? I cant find the option for it..

Views/ hit counter

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Maurice1550,   Just do a Google search for "hit counter" and you'll find dozens of sites and options.  You'll just need to copy and paste the html code into an html box as shown on this thread.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

Oh ok! Didnt know it was going to be that simple, thanks a lot Mike appreciate it, will try that right now.

Maurice 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

add counter.

how can i add it?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

cooperselitebody5983
,   You can easily find a variety of different hit counters by searching Google. Once you find one you like, you can copy and paste the code into an html box like shown in this thread.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

164 Points

10 years ago

Shooting for the moon!.

Hello. I am hoping to find how to add a moon-phase widget to my page. I have the code that I am to add to my page, but don't see how to do that on this end. I'd appreciate advice. Thank you!

4 Messages

• 

164 Points

10 years ago

Shooting for the moon!.

Hello. I am hoping to find how to add a moon-phase widget to my page. I have the code that I am to add to my page, but don't see how to do that on this end. I'd appreciate advice. Thank you!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

This topic shows how to add an html element to the page.  

Mike 

15 Messages

• 

482 Points

10 years ago

I need an Html code to be able to put social media buttons on my website..

I need an Html code to be able to put social media buttons on my website i need the Facebook , Pinterest and twitter my website is www.insainhotsauce.com or if you want to install the code for me that would be cool.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Phillip Sain,

You need to get the code from the social network account and you can add it to your site per the above instructions.

Thanks

Drew

15 Messages

• 

482 Points

How do I get to the Social network account ? can you please send me a link ?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You need to go to the social network(twitter, facebook, pinterest) you want the code for and log into your account to generate the code for your buttons.

15 Messages

• 

482 Points

Cant find any codes for the social media buttons ?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

These are things that need to be generated after you log in to your desired social media site.  Depending on what button you want there will be different options for you to use.  What button do you want to add to the site?