homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:33 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML

Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML
Here is how you can add a widget or HTML code to your website:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

3. The HTML placeholder will automatically go to the upper left corner of your page. Click and drag the element to where you want it on your page.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Remove the current text in the small window and copy in the html code you have for your widget.

6. Save and Publish your website to see your HTML widget on your website.

Important: You need to use preview mode or publish your site to view your HTML code or widget. You can't see HTML elements in edit mode.

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do you insert a line of code for say Angie's list?.

I want to insert the code from Angies list to have a button show up on my website. They say simply cut and past?? Sure, so where do I paste?

1 Message

• 

156 Points

11 years ago

I keep trying to get my html buttons and banners to line up correcly; it is really difficult to add html and not be able to see it as it shoulod appear on the website prior to publishing. I can't understand why homestead makes this experience so difficult! I pay good money for the website - it should be a lot user friendly than it presently is.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

When you add your own html code to the page, you'll want to position the top left corner of the html box on the page where you want it to be positioned. If you look at the code itself, the code will almost always dictate the size of the element. You'll have to have a little knowledge of html if you are going to integrate it into the site.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

can I accept payments with the basic website.

I was planning to add a paypay, but I am using the basic website builder, not simple store or business. Can I add a means of payment to the basic website builder?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you get the html code from PayPal, you can add it with the steps above.

23 Messages

• 

834 Points

Once upon a time, you suggested using Sea Monkey to make Tables for my website because Sea Monkey will generate the HTML code for me. Considering image sliders, there are quite a few of them around. I am using the image slider in site builder, but not really happy with the quality of the display. More specifically, the images seem to be taking a fraction of a step back for each step forward, that is, they "stutter" a little. So, I would like to implement a better slider on my site. With it in mind that I am capable of implementing "canned code" on my site, and even altering it some to suit my preferences, what site on the internet would you steer me to for getting an image slider that provides really smooth functionality, perhaps transitions between images, and user controls, like the ability to stop/advance the slider? Also, do you have any suggestions for getting better results with site builder's image slider?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

One that is gaining popularity is Wow Slider. http://wowslider.com/
I have seen some people install this with success but it might be a little more complex than some others.

As far as using the SiteBuilder image scroller, there is not too much you can do to optimize it other than making sure your image resolution is not to excessive and resizing all of the images to the same dimensions before you import them. If yo do this, and don't use more than 4-5 pictures, it usually scrolls nice and smooth.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Click Tale use on my site.

Click Tale. I'd like to use Click Tale to track visitor behaviour on some of my pages. How do I access the code before and after tags to enter tracking code?

5 Messages

• 

302 Points

11 years ago

I want to add the Google+ html to my homepage, but I don't know how to access it..

Here are the instructions, but I'm unskilled in this area.

By adding a short line of code to http://www.mentaljesus.org, you can make your Google+ page eligible to show up on the right hand side of the Google search page for relevant queries and make your Google+ page more discoverable. Learn more
Ask your site's webmaster to add the following line of code to your site's homepage:

Google+

Your help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated! JP

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do I add links that give me HTML code. Where am I putting the code?Thanks.

I am trying to add a link from Amazon and I get the message "place this code in
your website, but it was a site that was already made and I just filled in the information so I didn't create the site.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

HOW DO YOU ADD AN AD ON YOUR WEBSITE.

Oooops, sorry about the caps. I have an Advertisement I would like to add to y website. I am not sure how to add it. The html link that I have to add, the Advertisment is not being accepted in the text option or in the image option. I am a little confused

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If it's html code you need to add, follow the steps above.

5 Messages

• 

226 Points

11 years ago

how do i embed a file on my webpage.

I have a virtual tour from YP.com that I want to embed on my website. Not sure how to do that.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Assuming that they are providing you with some html embed code, you can just follow the steps here.

7 Messages

• 

264 Points

11 years ago

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

For Pinterest, you'll have to get the html code from the Pinterest website. Then follow the steps above to embed the code in your page.

Mike

6 Messages

• 

180 Points

10 years ago

Hi,
I'm trying to show my Facebook page as a feed on my Sitebuilder website. Here's a link. You will see that the FB page is partially up there, but I can't make it bigger so it will display my most current posts. I've tried fiddling with the height and width, but that doesn't work. Here's a link to my website so that you can see what I'm talking about.

http://newvwhcsite.homestead.com/~sit...

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks,
Anne

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I am not seeing the feed show up at all. Did you publish the page? Also, we can't always troubleshoot 3rd party code. Did you get it directly from Facebook? Usually their code generator will allow you to set the dimensions and i don't see any in the existing code.

Mike

6 Messages

• 

180 Points

I did publish it. Here's the link: http://newvwhcsite.homestead.com/~sit... .

Also, here's the HTML code, which has dimensions of 3" wide and 6" high

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It looks like you added the code correctly, but I am unable to determine why it's not working correctly. The code has references to, and is dependent on resources not hosted by Homestead, so our ability to troubleshoot 3rd party code is limited. You may need to check with Facebook, or whoever provided you the code.

6 Messages

• 

180 Points

OK thanks

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

HELP with ZOHO Contact FORM - HTML.

Need help with HTML code. I have a ZOHO CRM account. Within that tool, they build a custom template for a contact form that once the HTML code is pasted onto the website will create a form and import those details into the CRM. For some reason I can't get it to work? Anyone out there know ZOHO or HTML that can help with this issue? ZOHO is saying it's an issue with my hosting site.

Here is the code the ZOHO Site generates:

Join Our Crowd
First Name* Last Name* City* State* Email* Phone*

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

As you can see your html code does not appear on this site, however this thread shows how to add the code to the page. Is there were you are stuck, or do you have the code entered?

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Installing html code on my website.

I am having trouble installing a piece of HTML on my site, no matter what I do, or where I put it, it is staying on the top of the page and covering the writing that I already have on my site. I had no trouble with installing html before. My site is http://www.onlinepsychicadvisors.com Thank you for your help.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Make sure you are using the html box rather than an ordinary text box or other method. If you still have problems, let us know which page and where the html is located so we can look at it.

Mike.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

wepay setup.

I would like to set up the WePay account. Do I need to send you the link to embed. It is listed on my website but there is no button to pay.

3 Messages

• 

154 Points

10 years ago

Can i insert a countdown clock.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Yes. Just insert the code as shown above. There are a lot of good free html codes for this. Just search Google for "html code for countdown clock" and you'll probably find dozens to choose from.

Mike