R

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

Friday, February 17th, 2023 7:16 AM

HTML not going where it should

I am entering two different HTML snippets on the same page.  I want them to be columns next to each other.  They look all right in Homestead but when I publish, one is higher than the other the website.

Help?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

1 year ago

BLENDING MULTI ELEMENTS: Are you using sitebuilder plus?
I can't identify the structure of your content but I can inform you that you cannot impose one text box over another and expect their relative positions to translate on your published site. The same applies to integrating images into a text composition.

Using the image alignment feature in the properties editor to align the two columns will produce the result you're looking for.

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

@russell5607​ 

Thank you for the reply.  Just to clarify, I am using the online homestead sitebuilder.  

The two HTML blocks are not overlapping rather sitting side by side with a gap in between. I did use the alignment feature in the properties editor to align the top.  There is a significant gap between the top of one HTML box and the other.

Any other ideas?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

1 year ago

Unfortunately, it is likely something in the code that is causing that, but we wouldn't be able to troubleshoot this since it is 3rd party HTML. 

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

@elyzabethv​ I hear what you're saying but I would think that my sitebuilder has control over where the HTML is.  I can choose the width of an HTML snippet.  These are side by side and it works that way. 

No matter what the HTML code is, it shouldn't affect the vertical placement of where I have put the box on my page.  Yet it does.  That seems to be a Sitebuilder issue not what the individual HTML is.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Is this happening with any other element on your site? If not, it is likely caused by something in the HTML, which we can't help with. 

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

it is only happening with the HTML snippet. I did speak to someone from Homestead for a long time today on the phone and, apparently there’s nothing that they can do to remedy the problem.

Thanks for all those that tried to help me with this!!!