alice7261's profile

7 Messages

• 

294 Points

Saturday, September 28th, 2024 8:28 PM

how to assign thumbnail image to link to website page

How do I assign a thumbnail image to my website or website page? When I shared a link to a page on my website on Facebook, the thumbnail that appears is currently not an image, but a partially legible statement. 

Accepted Solution

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

144.9K Points

3 days ago

Hello, 

You are looking to add an OG image. Here are the instructions:

‎Sitebuilder Plus: OG Image | Homestead Community

7 Messages

• 

294 Points

Thank you so much, the instructions were easy to understand, and I was able to assign my image to the URL for Facebook!

1.8K Messages

• 

17.9K Points

7 days ago

Review: https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-add-an-image-gallery/5f2a9a875818095884495858
To create a thumbnail image in a Homestead website, you can use the Image Settings option to make an image a thumbnail:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu
  2. Click Edit Site
  3. Click Insert in the top toolbar
  4. Select Image from the drop-down menu
  5. Choose an image
  6. Drag the image to the desired location on the page
  7. Use the Image Settings on the right to adjust the image
  8. Select Make Thumbnail
  9. Save and publish the website 
A thumbnail is a small image that represents a larger image. Thumbnails are used to make it easier to manage and look at a group of larger images. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

I don't have the option to "Make Thumbnail"

7 Messages

• 

294 Points

@russell5607​ thank you for taking the time to reply and for your instructions. However, this is not the issue. When I share a link to my website on social media, the URL should post with a thumbnail image. If I share the link to my homepage, it will show the image I chose. However, if I try to share a link to a specific html, I don’t get an image I chose, but an image of just the actual URL. (I tried to upload photo examples, but they are not loading.) 

1.8K Messages

• 

17.9K Points

@alice7261

elyzabethv instructions were correct, right?

https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-og-image/5f2a9b3958180958845ec3d6

1.8K Messages

• 

17.9K Points

@jamie9304​ What is your website platform? What is your website address?

This should work for SB+ platforms:

Review: https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-add-an-image-gallery/5f2a9a875818095884495858
To create a thumbnail image in a Homestead website, you can use the Image Settings option to make an image a thumbnail:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu
  2. Click Edit Site
  3. Click Insert in the top toolbar
  4. Select Image from the drop-down menu
  5. Choose an image
  6. Drag the image to the desired location on the page
  7. Use the Image Settings on the right to adjust the image
  8. Select Make Thumbnail
  9. Save and publish the website 
A thumbnail is a small image that represents a larger image. Thumbnails are used to make it easier to manage and look at a group of larger images. 

7 Messages

• 

294 Points

@russell5607​ yes, her link gave the code to input and explained how to edit the code and insert your personal domain name and image name. It worked perfectly on a FB post.

7 Messages

• 

294 Points

3 days ago

CLARIFICATION: the issue is assigning a thumbnail to a html URL for sharing on social media.