NEW OUTLOOK WANTS A IMAP/POP PASSWORD

Where do I find this ???

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

24 days ago

Hello, 

I have not heard of this before. Have you tried your email password?

17 Messages

• 

446 Points

Thanks,  Yes   Password works on old Outlook, Roundcube. What other passwords are there?

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

That's the only password that we have for emails. 

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

@elyzabethv​ 

I'm having the same issue. Outlook is asking for a third party app password. Roundcube says to go to the email provider (homestead) and ask them to provide an app password. This is not your email account password. I had to do this with yahoo mail to get a yahoo email address to work in quickbooks. Yahoo generated an app password, I then put that password into quickbooks and my yahoo email address worked fine with the quickbooks software.

(edited)

17 Messages

• 

446 Points

So Phillip, are you saying there is a secret password?

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

@walter_toner​ Not necessarily, but kind of. I don't understand the purpose of it. It was something Quickbooks required and their support told me to get a yahoo mail generated "app password". I went to yahoo mail website and searched for app password in their settings, found the section and clicked generate a unique password that I then entered into quickbooks email setup. Yahoo mail has worked fine in quickbooks ever since. I'm assuming Outlook is wanting the same thing or at least something similar. Unfortunately, Homestead doesn't seem to have any real support or way to make this happen. Which is why I was searching here, hoping someone else has encountered this and figured it out.