computare's profile

21 Messages

• 

606 Points

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 12:51 PM

How do I connect Google Workspace to Homestead?

We already have google workspace (not paid through Homestead) and it has been connected to the thejohndoylepartnership.com domain name. However the email that we set up on google noreply@thejohndoylepartnership.com still needs to be verified. It looks like a complicated process and I am particularly cautious because I don't want to mess up the existing Advanced DNS Settings, as we have been through a long period of poor email service.

Do you have a straightforward guide that can enable me to verify the google email address and also guarantee that there will be no loss of service with our existing homestead email addresses.

Your help would be most appreciated.

Kevin Doyle

The John Doyle Partnership

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

6 months ago

Hello, 

We don't have a guide like that, but if you want to give me the DNS that Google provides for verification, I would be happy to update it for you. 

21 Messages

• 

606 Points

Morning Elyzabeth

I do have this information. Is it safe/secure to post on here?

I am just worried about messing up our existing email service, which is quite flaky at the moment.

Thanks

Kevin Doyle

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Ok, I can add these records, but these are not simply for verifying the domain. These would replace your current Homestead MX records and switch the email service from Homestead to Google. Is that what you want to happen?

21 Messages

• 

606 Points

Hello Elyzabethv

Ok, I really need to understand this before we take this option. Please bear with me as I am not very technical.

The big questions are: if we switch to Google MX records do we still pay through Homestead for the service; or would we be migrating our email completely to Google thereby ceasing our business relationship for email with Homestead? Sorry if this appears to be a daft question but it doesn't seem clear either way.

If it is the first option are there any additional costs involved?

Thank you for your advice

Kevin Doyle

21 Messages

• 

606 Points

Hello Elyzabethv (again)

Also I did have a serious problem with emails not being delivered / received, which were sent from my thejohndoylepartnership.com domain, but after you updated the TXT the issue appears to have been rectified.

I have two other domains with you that are suffering from this same problem, so could you update the TXT for both paytec-online.com and le-plessis-lastelle.com please.

Thank you in advance

Kevin Doyle

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

I have updated the records for those two domains as well.