joseph8192's profile

11 Messages

• 

360 Points

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023 9:23 PM

Gmail rejects my outgoing (homestead) e-mails

Many times - but not all times - I get a bounce-back from a gmail address stating "this e-mail is unauthenticated".  I then get a link to a google site that gives this advice: "Important: Starting November 2022, new senders who send email to personal Gmail accounts must set up either SPF or DKIM. Google performs random checks on new sender messages to personal Gmail accounts to verify they’re authenticated. Messages without at least one of these authentication methods will be rejected or marked as spam. This requirement doesn’t apply to you if you’re an existing sender. However, we recommend you always set up SPF and DKIM to protect your organization’s email and to support future authentication requirements."

Will Homestead do this for me as my guess is that this is more of a Homestead issue than a personal-to-me issue.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

1 year ago

Hello, 

Can you go ahead and try once more? I have updated the TXT SPF record for your domain which should allow it to begin working properly.

8 Messages

• 

200 Points

@elyzabethv​ hi, I am having the same issue. Anytime I send an email to a gmail account the messages are being delay, marked as spam, etc.

my email address is aliciahicks_aba@handleyobiz.com.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 
I can see that the records have already been updated for this domain.
Sometimes, on shared hosting where many customers use the same email servers, they get detected as contributing to spam and unnecessarily get blacklisted by a few recipient email servers and RBLs. We do have a system in place that monitors our mailout server IPs for their reputation at RBLs that sends out reports periodically. Our Network Operations team rotates the blocked IPs automatically and that should resolve any blocks our servers may have, given time. We do recommend trying to resend the bounced emails.
Additionally, we have already informed our engineering team regarding this issue and our engineers are working towards a fix on increasing the reputation. I'm afraid we do not have an ETA on this. We appreciate your patience while we resolve this issue.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

@elyzabethv​ 

Hi Elizabeth,

I am having the same issue with gmails being rejected. 

Thank you

MelindaRD@DeletetheWheat.com

18 Messages

• 

434 Points

@elyzabethv​ Hi Elizabeth,

I am having the same problem with my account.  Can you help me fix this?  My business emails are:

Ben@SoutholdBayOysters.com

Dave@SoutholdBayOysters.com

Thank you - Ben

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Can you go ahead and try once more? I have updated the TXT SPF record for your domain which should allow it to begin working properly.

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

1 year ago

Having the same issue trying to send QuickBooks invoices from the desktop software using my domain email to any Gmail account. These are sent via eigbox.net. My domain is haydenbookkeeping.com. Can this be added to my SPF record?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

You have both Homestead and Google records for email on that domain. Are you using Roundcube/Homestead or Google Workspace?

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

Google Workspace. I did a test transaction and it seems to work, but it does mark it as potentially unsafe.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

OK, if you're using Google Workspace outside of your Homestead account, then your MX records pointing to Homestead may be causing issues. Would you like me to delete those records?

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 year ago

I am having the same issue.  If mine can be fixed I would really appreciate it.  I have many Gmail accounts I communicate with and almost all are bouncing back.

Thank you,

chad@allstarhydroseeding.com

allstarhydroseeding.com

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

18 Messages

• 

434 Points

I am having the same problem with my account.  Can you help me fix this?  My business emails are:

Ben@SoutholdBayOysters.com

Dave@SoutholdBayOysters.com

Thank you - Ben

2 Messages

• 

78 Points

1 year ago

I am having the same issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mitch@bavarianbelle.com

captain@bavaianbelle.com

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

18 Messages

• 

434 Points

Thank you!  It seems to be working fine now.  Cheers! - Ben

7 Messages

• 

296 Points

1 year ago

I am having this same issue as joseph8192. Can you also help my account with this issue? Your help is much appreciated. My email is info@pendletonfurniturelady.com

(edited)

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

7 Messages

• 

296 Points

@elyzabethv​ for the domain of www.pendletonfurniturelady.com with email address of info@pendletonfurniturelady.com I am still getting messages from Gmail. The latest is below. What do I need to do to correct the authentication data? You can call me if I need to do something on my computer. Our business number is 541-278-0141. This is getting worse and worse each day. HELP !!!

Message not delivered

You're sending this from a different address or alias using the 'Send mail as' feature. The settings for your 'Send mail as' account are misconfigured or out of date. Check those settings and try resending.
LEARN MORE
The response from the remote server was:

535 Incorrect authentication data

7 Messages

• 

296 Points

@elyzabethv​ Still having trouble. Here is what my setting says. Can you tell me what I need to change in my settings?

Airport Antiques & The Furniture Lady <info@pendletonfurniturelady.com>
Mail is sent through: smtp.homestead.com
Secured connection on port 465 using  SSL
or is there someplace else that I need to look at to change? 
Thanks for helping get this fixed as it is getting very frustrated.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 
Sometimes, on shared hosting where many customers use the same email servers, they get detected as contributing to spam and unnecessarily get blacklisted by a few recipient email servers and RBLs. We do have a system in place that monitors our mailout server IPs for their reputation at RBLs that sends out reports periodically. Our Network Operations team rotates the blocked IPs automatically and that should resolve any blocks our servers may have, given time. We do recommend trying to resend the bounced emails.
Additionally, we have already informed our engineering team regarding this issue and our engineers are working towards a fix on increasing the reputation. I'm afraid we do not have an ETA on this. We appreciate your patience while we resolve this issue.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

1 year ago

HI,

I also have been experiencing email kickbacks for davicia@studio2you.com.

I would appreciate any help!