mark4268's profile

10 Messages

• 

262 Points

Friday, May 26th, 2023 11:26 AM

Gmail rejection

Is there something wrong with the email servers on Homestead? All my messages sent to Gmail and Hotmail are rejected with the following errors:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

cg.ruiz.z@hotmail.com
   host hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com [104.47.73.33]
   SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:
   550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [66.96.185.10] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [DM6NAM04FT067.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com 2023-05-22T18:04:23.333Z 08DB5A730E1EC546]
Reporting-MTA: dns; bosmailout10.eigbox.net

How can Homestead not be compatible with the worlds largest email system????? So frustrating.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

13 Messages

• 

248 Points

1 year ago

Domain is tbsincva.com

Help?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Emails bouncing back from Gmail recipients

21 Messages

• 

310 Points

1 year ago

Must be something wrong with servers. I haven't been able to connect to my email using my email client in 2 days now. I have 2 domains and neither email is working.

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello Terry4096,
I have replied to your message in another post, but if you are able to provide the domains I can take a closer look to see if there are any issues with the domains when trying to connect.

21 Messages

• 

310 Points

@todd_h​ tdmlr.com, millerte.com. Thx

13 Messages

• 

248 Points

1 year ago

Yes, appears to be widespread.  I have been asking for help for over a week now and not getting an answer.  Based on other responses to other posters, the tech team just needs to pop in and update an SPF setting.  

Once again, if the folks at Homestead see this, please fix me @tbsincva.com domain.

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello Carol5085,
We would not be able to update the TXT record from our end as your nameservers are pointing elsewhere. If you are able to log into where your domain is pointing to, please replace the TXT record with this:
v=spf1 ip4:66.96.128.0/18 -all

13 Messages

• 

248 Points

@todd_h​ Edit: This didn't seem to work, but maybe I am not understanding what you mean by domain pointing. 

If I go into my website host (Squarespace) there is a place for me to update the record with what you gave me above.  I did this and no dice. Am I understanding "login to where my domain is pointing" correctly as meaning Squarespace?  So sorry, total novice with this.

I do see that within Homestead Sitebuilder, it indicates I am not using Homestead nameserver. So I am guessing the nameserver is Squarespace?

Finally, there is a separate line I can edit in Squarespace for webmail that has a series of numbers 66.XX.XXX.XX  Does this need to also be updated, or leave it alone?

Ugh....

(edited)

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello,
I do see you were able to update the TXT record. Regarding the other numbers with the 66.xx,xxx,xx, you would not need to edit these.

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

1 year ago

Hello Mark4268,

Any bouncebacks being recieved from Google should be resolved on your end. However, it should be noted that bouncebacks from Outlook or Microsoft related email addresses may continue to deliver a bounceback. While this is not ideal, please note that we do have engineers continue to work on resolving this issue. 
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.