office_manager's profile

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

Friday, October 6th, 2023 2:45 PM

DKIM needs to be updated

I am still having issues with my emails bouncing back.  I contacted Cloudfare to see if they could help.  They had me run a Spam Test: I scored only a 4.5/10 and it shows my DKIM is not valid.  This was their reply based on my results:

"From the test I can also see that your mail is DKIM signed. You have a CNAME record for the DKIM selector, but the target of the CNAME does not publish any txt records, so the verification fails.  You should ask your mail provider for the correct DKIM value to fix this."

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

10 months ago

I do want to pass along a partial solution for those of us using Cloudfare that seems to have helped.  This came from the Cloudfare community support.

1. Go to your Cloudfare DNS dashboard.

2.  In the TXT field click edit and then manually retype what already appears there - do NOT copy/paste. 

3.  Delete the original line of text but leave what you just manually typed in.  Save.

It seems that when text is copy/pasted into that field it enters in extra hidden characters that invalidate it.  The extra characters showed up when I did a DNS query on my domain name.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

10 months ago

Are you able to call in regarding this? I cannot go through what you have in Cloudflare with you, but a phone agent could. 1-800-710-1998

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

I can try and call next week.  I am only in the office a few hours this week.