donald9561's profile

8 Messages

• 

288 Points

Friday, December 15th, 2023 5:16 PM

Disappearing emails to gmail addresses MUST BE FIXED

Dear Homestead / web.com / whoever is running the shameful circus this once-reliable service has become:

DAYS with no response to this (repeated!) critical service failure is unacceptable. I have been paying this company monthly for literally 20 years, only to end up looking like an irresponsible idiot to my clients, because I can't even see that my emails to them are simply disappearing with no non-delivery notification.

Fortunately the holidays are a quieter time for my business and it'll be a good opportunity to start shopping for some other web host/email provider. I feel terrible for those here whose businesses need to function fully leading up to Christmas.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

8 Messages

• 

288 Points

7 months ago

UPDATE: I thought it was only mail to gmail, but I've just discovered mail to other domains including homestead-based accounts as well as unrelated domains that aren't the big gmail & msn type services, are also not going through. Just had yet another embarrassing conversation with a client who thought I was ignoring a request he sent me via email.

This is utterly & completely unacceptable.

Double check with ALL your recipients, people. It's not just gmail this time.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

I recommend calling in, so support can help you add a DKIM. This may help with this issue. 1-800-710-1998

17 Messages

• 

488 Points

What is a DKIM? Having same problem.

8 Messages

• 

288 Points

7 months ago

Why do WE suddenly need to "add a DKIM" (whatever that is) when everything was working just fine a few days ago and has generally worked fine for many years? The problem that has suddenly appeared for EVERYONE is clearly at YOUR end, something changed at your end, it's not all of these different customers in different places that all suddenly and simultaneously need some new thing.

I know this glitch is not your personal fault, Elyzabeth, but asking every single customer to take the time to phone in to Support and wait on hold is not an acceptable response. In June you managed to get it fixed at your end. Homestead/web.com/roundcube should be responsible for resolving this at its root cause, not hundreds or thousands of customers needing to sit in a support queue for some new band-aid fix. That's ridiculous.

I'm done, I'm going to find another service to host my domains.

17 Messages

• 

488 Points

Yes, please fix it on YOUR end. My work is deadline driven—no time to be on hold with customer support. 

8 Messages

• 

288 Points

7 months ago

Over two weeks now and apparently Homestead has chosen to simply ignore the problem with RoundCube which is the email platform THEY have provided us for webmail. If a DKIM (whatever that is) is an issue, YOUR or ROUNDCUBE'S programmers need to figure out how to make this work for every customer. This is what we are paying you for. 

You can't sit there and say it's some problem on each of our ends that we each need to individually call in to resolve when it was working fine for all of us, then suddenly it stopped working fine for all of us at the exact same moment. It's clearly not gmail-specific so it can't be down to some recent change by gmail either. This is a Homestead/Roundcube failure, and it is Homestead/Roundcube's responsibility to fix it.

Meanwhile, as the weeks go by, one of the most critical services I'm paying for - email delivery - is not being provided, yet you continue to pull money from my bank account. Would that amount to breach of contract, or perhaps outright theft? When can I expect a partial refund for the services you have failed to provide this month?

Is there any intention at all to address the Roundcube mail delivery issue, or should I proceed with transferring my domains elsewhere?

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hi Donald9561,
I've gone through your domains and updated the TXT record that should help with deliverability. If you continue to experience any issues with emails, please let us know specifically which email is having an issue, and if there is a bounceback or any other detail that you could provide, as it will help us look more into what might be going on. Please do not hesitate to reach back and let us know!