homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, October 19th, 2012 4:57 PM

Account: Reset Email Password

Account: Reset Email Password
Here are instructions on how to reset the password of your domain associated email account.

1. Go to the email tab on your Homestead account.

2. If you have multiple domains, you will need to select the desired domain. Click on the email address you would like to change the password for.

For Webmail, it will have a blue mail icon.

For G Suite, it will have a red G icon

3. For Webmail, click on the email address you want to update the password for and click "Edit Mailbox"

This will bring you to a page where you can type in your new password 2 times and click "Save"

For G Suite, click on the email address you want to update password for and click on the "Change Password" tab. Type in the new password and click "Update Password"

22 Messages

• 

614 Points

2 years ago

I am trying to update the password for the email account that gives access to our homestead.com account. I followed the steps listed in the instructions above and all seemed to go fine. I hit the SAVE button and the page refreshed with no error message (no confirmation message either). But when I logged out and tried to log in with the new password, it didn't work. The old password was still needed. Am I doing something wrong? Why does the change not take effect? It's very puzzling.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Just to clarify, are you trying to update the password to check your mailbox or to log in to your Homestead account? These are instructions to reset your email password. To reset your Homestead account password, please follow these instructions:

How To Change The Password From Within Your Homestead Account - YouTube

22 Messages

• 

614 Points

Ah thank you! I want to change the password to log in to the Homestead account, not the password to check email. I figured I had to be doing something wrong and the video quickly showed me what it was. Thank you again.

31 Messages

• 

474 Points

@elyzabethv​ Thanks for responding.  I wanted to update the password on the email to the website address.  I do not want to change the passcode for when I log in.  How do I reset the password for the email to one of the websites?  

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

The instructions to do this are in this article. What happens when you follow these instructions?

31 Messages

• 

474 Points

@elyzabethv​ Hello.  When I get to the 3rd step I do not see the email options coming up like in the display "For Webmail, click on the email address you want to update the password for and click "Edit Mailbox."'

This is what it says when I get to that step:

No Google Workspace account found for the user (my personal email to log into my account) and domain (the domain email I want to change).  The problem is the domains do not appear at 3rd step. 

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

Thank you for your help

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

Thanks for your help

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

1 year ago

I cannot get into email account, I have reset password as well, still cannot get in HELP