homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, October 19th, 2012 4:57 PM

Account: Reset Email Password

Account: Reset Email Password
Here are instructions on how to reset the password of your domain associated email account.

1. Go to the email tab on your Homestead account.

2. If you have multiple domains, you will need to select the desired domain. Click on the email address you would like to change the password for.

For Webmail, it will have a blue mail icon.

For G Suite, it will have a red G icon

3. For Webmail, click on the email address you want to update the password for and click "Edit Mailbox"

This will bring you to a page where you can type in your new password 2 times and click "Save"

For G Suite, click on the email address you want to update password for and click on the "Change Password" tab. Type in the new password and click "Update Password"

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
POP settings and smtp settings.

Since I have had this site for almost 5 years maybe more, I have had to change my settings and my password is never right, can someone help me?

Michelle

26 Messages

• 

3K Points

10 years ago

Can't get into email. Error Messages Appears.

Error <esaage Says this "LGI-0006 Categories=USER_INPUT Message='Invalid credentials.' exceptionID=1375953867-55912638"

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Cristine7832
,   That error just means that you are not using the correct username and/or password.  Follow the steps on this page if you need to reset the password.

Mike

7 Messages

• 

232 Points

10 years ago

Has my email account been hacked? Please help..

This morning I received (3) "mail delivery failed..." and a response from CNN about a question that was sent from my email addressed. I looked at the reasons why and to who the (3) emails were sent back and I never sent them. Has someone able to hack into my email account and used it to send spam messages? For all I know hundreds of email mails may have been sent out using my my email address. How to stop this and prevent it from happening again?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

L.6379,

If you suspect that your account has been hacked, you can immediately fix/stop the problem by simply changing your email password.    It's also a good idea to run a full virus scan on any computers you use to access your email in case their is a keylogger or other malicious software installed which may have been used to obtain the password.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

help ! my email sent out an emails that i did not send. how can i prevent this ?.

help ! my email sent out an email that i did not send. "This message was created automatically by mail delivery software." what does this mean and how can i make it not happen again ? thank you

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

j8162,

Your password was most likely happened if email was sent from another program. You'll want to change your password to something more complex.  Then, it's important to do a full virus/malware scan on all computers that are used to check your email.  If the security software finds a keylogger or any other virus, be sure to change the password again after the malware is removed.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Cannot change email password.

I have set-up 5 email addresses for our organization. I used a default password (same for all), and asked everyone to change their password upon initial login. Our President has tried several times without success, thus I attempted to try myself and also failed. The password will not change, keeps reverting back to original password...HELP!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Joy,   I just tested it from our end and it seems to be working ok.  This may be a caching issue in the web browser.  Clear your cookies and cache, and the reset the password as shown above and if you still have problems, tell me where exactly you are getting stuck and/or any error messages etc.

Mike

1 Message

• 

110 Points

10 years ago

I changed password and can still not access email, please help. Getting invalid credentials error

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Leah9111,   What is the email address you are having the problem with, and we'll take a look at it?

Mike

18 Messages

• 

750 Points

10 years ago

email password change in Open-Xchange.

While in Open-Xchange email, I've gone through the steps to change my password, including saving and being automatically logged out.  However when I try to log in with my new password, it doesn't appear to have 'taken' as I can use the old password successfully.  Need to change this soon as I am getting spam message that I haven't received in the past.  Guidance would be appreciated.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

A Stress-Less1705

Are you using the process shown on this page?  Let me know if you are still having problems.

Also, changing your password will not stop you from receiving spam. Are you actually getting email bounce messages? Its common to get bounce messages if someone has hacked your account and used it to send spam, but a bounce message is different than spam.

If you think your account may have been hacked, you'll want to run a full virus scan on your computer and then change the password again after the scan is complete and your computer is clean.

Mike

18 Messages

• 

750 Points

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Password successfully changed.  
Fortunately, it was just one sneaky junk mail kind of message.  No bouncebacks, etc.  Thanks again!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

OK great.  Let us know  if we can help again!

Mike

6 Messages

• 

304 Points

10 years ago

E-MAILS ARE STILL NOT WORKING.

I called regarding my emails NOT working... stayed on the phone for a long time only to hear you would troubleshoot and someone would get back with me... It has been several days and I still have NOT heard from anyone regarding this manner. NOR are my E-Mails working

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Please reset the password and try again.

Thanks

Drew

1 Message

• 

124 Points

my domain website is not allowing me to see how to reset password

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

irma8325 ,  Can you explain where you are gettting stuck? or what is happening on your end.  If you follow the steps in this thread, where do you run into problems? 

4 Messages

• 

284 Points

10 years ago

Can't access my email account..

Why can't I access my email account? After entering my email address and email password I keep getting the following message "LGI-0006 Categories=USER_INPUT Message='Invalid credentials.' exceptionID=791036574-7206408" . The window then reverts back to requiring input of my email address and email password.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Clifford4684,

It
appears as though your account was compromised.  It was used recently
to send out over 10,000 emails in less than an our.  Your email password
was changed to prevent further abuse.  Please run comprehensive
security scans on all computers used to access your accounts and when
clean, then change your email password as instructed in this topic. 
Please use a password you have never used before.

Thanks

Drew

3 Messages

• 

158 Points

10 years ago

Can't change password in open xchange.

Simply trying to change my password in Open Xchange for my email. I go in, go to Configuration, click on Password, I enter my current password where it says, Your old password. I then enter a new password, I confirm it, and then I click Save. It then logs me out. I then try the new password and it doesn't work while the old one still does. My entire staff is dealing with the same issue.

While I can go in as an admin and manage the accounts, my staff cannot and I want them to have their privacy. Any help?

Have tried many times and looked for solutions. I've also tried it using Chrome, Firefox, and IE. No good.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Judson4473,   Sorry for the confusion.  Email passwords must be changed from the Homestead site rather than from within the emaill application. Follow the steps on this page to update the passwords. 

3 Messages

• 

158 Points

Thanks for the response, Mike F. As I said, I know I can go in as an Admin and change the passwords but I'd be asking my staff to give up their privacy. Is there a way for them to change their passwords?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Judson4473,

Unfortunately not at this time.  Though, if the employees are local, then you could simply have them type their new password in.  If they are not, you could use a program like join.me, to allow them remote access on your computer to let them type it in.

We are investigating why the password is not changing from within the OX webmail client.

Thanks

Drew

22 Messages

• 

922 Points

Why does the screen say 'No mailboxes have been created yet' when I click on manage my email account?  There are two email addresses associated with the domain.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Login issues: webmail.

I get this message when I try to login to webmail. Obviously, since I'm able to access this forum, it is wrong. But how do I access webmail. This has been going on for a week and from six different cities. LGI-0006 Categories=USER_INPUT Message='Invalid credentials.' exceptionID=-134479504-3184209

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Shauna1503
,   The "invalid credentials" message just means that you are using the wrong password. This page shows how to do an email password reset.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled DNS changes.

I can not sign on to my email today.....yesterday and previous days were fine, now today I get error messages that say ....Invalid credentials....... ?????????

email I'm talking about is:   georgette@twistedthreadsandmore.com

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

I have checked your email box and everything is working properly. Try resetting the email password as described above. 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't access email.. Error message LGI-0006 Categories=USER_INPUT Message='Invali....

I can't access my email this morning. It is giving me the error message LGI-0006 Categories=USER_INPUT Message='Invalid credentials.' exceptionID=-97826006-1212849513

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello Sue,

Try and change your email password as shown in the guide above. This should stop that error you received. 

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why won't my password change?.

I went to configuration>user>password>entered old password> new password (twice)>save> logged out automatically> attempt to log back in and the new password won't work.  However the old password is still working.  PLEASE HELP!

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Try changing the password by following the instructions above. 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled email password problem.

my server is rejecting the password for my email ernest@nationalchoicecredit.com and customerservice@nationalchoicecredit.com what do i need to do to fix it?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You would need to reset your password as shown in the article above.