homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, October 19th, 2012 4:57 PM

Account: Reset Email Password

Account: Reset Email Password
Here are instructions on how to reset the password of your domain associated email account.

1. Go to the email tab on your Homestead account.

2. If you have multiple domains, you will need to select the desired domain. Click on the email address you would like to change the password for.

For Webmail, it will have a blue mail icon.

For G Suite, it will have a red G icon

3. For Webmail, click on the email address you want to update the password for and click "Edit Mailbox"

This will bring you to a page where you can type in your new password 2 times and click "Save"

For G Suite, click on the email address you want to update password for and click on the "Change Password" tab. Type in the new password and click "Update Password"

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

7 years ago

Click on the email tab and you will see the link.

3 Messages

• 

180 Points

7 years ago

Here's what my check email screen looks like.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

That looks like the screen for when you click on the Webmail link. You need to log in to the Homestead account and click on the Email tab on the left side.

3 Messages

• 

180 Points

Thanks. I think I have it reset.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

I noticed in an old post within this thread that users cannot change their own email passwords within roundcube webmail client.  A few years have passed, are users able to change their own passwords?  And if so, can you please point me in the right direction?  Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Unfortunately, this is still the only method to change the email password.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled change pass word.

password for my e-mail

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i recover email password?.

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

6 years ago

This doesn’t help.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

DrPizzi, What is the problem? This topic will reset your password, but if you have a different issue, maybe I can help.

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

I followed your instructions to change my email password and I get an error message saying “unable to perform function at this time.”

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Did you get an error 702? It looks like our conversion was reflected on the back end but not within your account. You used to have 1gb of space on your mail. That is now 10gb, but was not reflected in your account. When they don't match you get an error updating the mailbox. I have resolved that, so you should be able to update the password now. Let me know if there is still a problem.

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

Yes that was the error and it’s working now. Thanks!!!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome. Happy to help.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Roundcube issue!.

Havent gotten any email through one of my email addresses in a few days. When I go to log into the roundcube site my password no longer works and there is no mechanism on the page to initiate a new password. What is going on?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Pamela9498, Over the last week many spam messages were sent using your credentials. The system automatically changed your password. Please run a full system security scan and then update the email password. Make sure to use a new and complicated password.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead reset my Roundcube email but did not give me the password they used to ....

Received an email from Homestead stating that spam was sent from my Roundcube email account so Homestead reset the password. Problem is Homestead did not give me the new password they used with the reset. I cannot access my email to change the password.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can update the password from within Homestead. You do not need to log in to your email. You should use a password that you have never used before.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled password info.

i forgot my password. how can i retrieve it or change it so i can check my email account

21 Messages

• 

480 Points

6 years ago

Trying to change my password but forgot the old one...Saw no "forgot password" fix...How do I resolve this?
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

If you need to reset your email password, go to homestead.com, click "login" in the top right corner, log in with your homestead account credentials, click on the email tab. Then click on manage my email accounts, and click the blue pencil next to the email address you want to update the password for.

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Where is the Mail Central Tool? I need to reset my password..

My email has been hacked and used to send out mass mails.  I realized that last night, but could not find a way to change my password.  Homestead also realized that last night and reset my password and sent me an email telling me to use the Mail Central Tool to reset the password.  I can't find the tool.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello Trudie5600

Here are the instructions for resetting the Homestead email password.

4 Messages

• 

192 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have 2 email users under one of my domains, they need to be able to reset and/o....

I have 2 email users under one of my domains, they need to be able to reset and/or change their password, I don't see where they can do this?
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello Sarah8006
These are the instructions for resetting the email password. It can only be done through the Homestead account.

3 Messages

• 

190 Points

3 years ago

I've tried different user names and passwords and nothing is working - error is Login failed.

21 Messages

• 

480 Points

Why are you trying to get access to my account??? I reported you to Admin.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

You are receiving this error after you have reset the password? 

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 years ago

Thank you!

30 Messages

• 

452 Points

2 years ago

Thanks for response, but this does not work.  

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

How does it not work? Do you get an error message?

30 Messages

• 

452 Points

I do not see that blue button for resetting.  That option does not appear for me.  I recall it used to be that simple, but this is what is complicating it for me.  

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

What blue button are you referring to? The Edit Mailbox option? Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end if that's not there?