homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, October 19th, 2012 4:50 PM

Account: Create a Domain Email Address

Account: Create a Domain Email Address

When choosing to create an email address, you have two options.

• G Suite
  • Webmail

You can read more about purchasing G Suite here

The following are instructions to create a regular Webmail email address.

Important: Before you can set up any email accounts, you must already have a domain associated with your website account. Domains must be fully registered, pointed, or transferred in order to set up an email with that domain.

1. Click Email on the left.

2. If needed, choose which domain you would like to add an email address for:

3. Click "+ New Mailbox" at the top of the page

4. This is where you can choose "Standard Email" or "G Suite".
      For a regular Webmail email address, choose "Standard Email", then "Create New Mailbox"

5. In the Email address field, enter a name for your new email account.

*Important:
      Just enter a name, don't include the @ sign or anything extra. A lot of people use generic names here like admin, info, or sales, for example.

6. Create a password and verify password
      Tip: The password you create should follow our password recommendations. Don't make it easy for others to guess your password and access your account. We recommend using a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.

7. Click Save.

8 Messages

• 

406 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add e-mail to my domain..

It's been a while since I added an e-mail address to one of my domains.  Can't remember how it is done, so any help is appreciated!  Thank you!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Scott2653,

This should help.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I add an email address for my site ?.

4 Messages

• 

154 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i activate new email address for a new employee?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can follow these instructions. It can take a couple hours for the address to be fully active.

4 Messages

• 

154 Points

I didn't see any steps to follow in your email.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You click on the link in the email and the instructions are at the top of the page it takes you to.

4 Messages

• 

154 Points

I am sorry - but I do not see any link.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Do you see a button below this message that brings you to a website? If not, use this URL, https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_create_an_email_address_for_my_domain

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can someone help me set up a domain email account for my account?.

I need to set up an email account that is attached to my domain name how do I do this. I don't see anywhere on the site were I can do this?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Donn3846, You may need to refresh the page in your Homestead account to see the email tab. Let us know if you need additional help.

4 Messages

• 

242 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding second email help.

I currently have an email account through homestead. I am using the homestead open-Xchange server directly . I hired an employee and want him to have email. I went in and upgraded my account to add one additional email. However, when I try to open the xchange server and go to configuration and try to "add email" I am getting an error message. I'm not sure I'm entering the proper information in the server setting snd outgoing server settings. When I try to just copy the same information that is listed as it pertains to my email I get error message. Can someone please help me set this up? I tried to get help via the chat service but he couldn't help me.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You do not set that up. Follow the instructions at the top of this page to create the new address. It can take a couple of hours to complete set up.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Questions with how to add new employee's emails.

Thanks for the help in advance. I currently have my own email through Homestead and wanted to add my other business partner his own email. I went to settings > Email Accounts > I clicked new and entered the basic info in. I wasn't sure what type of server to make his email. When I completed his and went to send test email it said can not send since his does not support id "4"   ???    please help

3 Messages

• 

286 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Where do I go to manage my email accounts.

just want to know where I go to edit my email accounts, or add new ones

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I've never used my email on here. I'm trying to use it now but not sure how..

I've never used my email on here. I'm trying to use it now but not sure how.

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

7 years ago

I can't find where the email icon is.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

prout8999, email addresses are not included in the basic package. They are $1/month each. If you would like 1 or more added, please let me know.

1 Message

• 

120 Points

7 years ago

I do not have an "email on the left" button to click on.  How do I set up an email address?
Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

jbmcdermith6597, The starter package does not include email service. Email addresses can be added for $1/month each. I can add however many you need for you, or you can do so from the Add on services on the left. Click on customize my website, then Add extras at the top.

4 Messages

• 

140 Points

Hello,
I want to cancel my current email address because of the number of spam and junk emails I receive - somehow this email address has been compromised.  Then I want to add back on my one email for $1/month with a different address.  Please advise how to do this.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can go to manage my email account on the email tab in your account and delete the existing one and then create the new one.

29 Messages

• 

624 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email.

How do I create email addresses?

4 Messages

• 

210 Points

6 years ago

Hi Drew, I am trying to create a mailbox to link my Contact Me page of my website: http://hstrial-ddaniel489.homesteadcloud.com/  I followed your steps above but, when I click on save. Nothing happenes??? 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It doesn't appear that you have changed the nameservers to ours. You will need to do this in your domain hosting account. Remove the existing ones and add
ns1.mdnsservice.com
ns2.mdnsservice.com
ns3.mdnsservice.com

Once that propagates, you should be able to create the email

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I add an email.

I need to add an email to our account, how do I do that.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

5 years ago

There is no Email tab on my account. Please assist. 
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

You will need to add email to your package to have this option. Click Account > Account Summary > Get More Addons > Hmail Boxes.

4 Messages

• 

228 Points

5 years ago

I have my emails all set up. Now, how do we each access our emails? Where do we go to read and response to emails we will be receiving? Thanks!!