homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, October 19th, 2012 4:50 PM

Account: Create a Domain Email Address

Account: Create a Domain Email Address

When choosing to create an email address, you have two options.

• G Suite
  • Webmail

You can read more about purchasing G Suite here

The following are instructions to create a regular Webmail email address.

Important: Before you can set up any email accounts, you must already have a domain associated with your website account. Domains must be fully registered, pointed, or transferred in order to set up an email with that domain.

1. Click Email on the left.

2. If needed, choose which domain you would like to add an email address for:

3. Click "+ New Mailbox" at the top of the page

4. This is where you can choose "Standard Email" or "G Suite".
      For a regular Webmail email address, choose "Standard Email", then "Create New Mailbox"

5. In the Email address field, enter a name for your new email account.

*Important:
      Just enter a name, don't include the @ sign or anything extra. A lot of people use generic names here like admin, info, or sales, for example.

6. Create a password and verify password
      Tip: The password you create should follow our password recommendations. Don't make it easy for others to guess your password and access your account. We recommend using a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.

7. Click Save.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

5 years ago

Hello,

You can check you emails in two different places. First, if you are already logged into your Homestead account click on the email tab on the left and you should see a check email option requesting your credentials. If you don't see it, click on email again then put in your email and password there. If you are not logged in you can go to homestead.com and select Webmail in the top right.  

29 Messages

• 

634 Points

5 years ago

It won't let me create an email. I get all the way through step 8 and then it says "Error 714" every time. I've tried many different times and days and it's the same thing every time. What's going on?
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hi there John,

That domain used to belong to another account in our parent companies system, so it was causing an issue. I was able to get this resolved. Please try again, you should have no trouble at this point.

29 Messages

• 

634 Points

That worked! Thank you!

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

@elyzabethv​ Hi, need your help facing the same problem Error:714, how can i setup the email. thanks

8 Messages

• 

212 Points

6 months ago

There is no "email" tab on the/my getting started page...

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

This is because your plan doesn't include an email address. If you would like, I can add an email address to your billing for $1/month and then the email tab will become available. 

8 Messages

• 

212 Points

Yes, please add the domain email feature to my account.

I accept the additional $1/month billing.

Thank you!

8 Messages

• 

212 Points

@elyzabethv​ 

Disregard my previous reply. I added the email service from the upgrade page.

8 Messages

• 

212 Points

6 months ago

Un effing believable! This outdated and incorrect post on how to "create a domain email" is still up after 11 years! SMH