homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, October 19th, 2012 4:50 PM

Account: Create a Domain Email Address

Account: Create a Domain Email Address

When choosing to create an email address, you have two options.

• G Suite
  • Webmail

You can read more about purchasing G Suite here

The following are instructions to create a regular Webmail email address.

Important: Before you can set up any email accounts, you must already have a domain associated with your website account. Domains must be fully registered, pointed, or transferred in order to set up an email with that domain.

1. Click Email on the left.

2. If needed, choose which domain you would like to add an email address for:

3. Click "+ New Mailbox" at the top of the page

4. This is where you can choose "Standard Email" or "G Suite".
      For a regular Webmail email address, choose "Standard Email", then "Create New Mailbox"

5. In the Email address field, enter a name for your new email account.

*Important:
      Just enter a name, don't include the @ sign or anything extra. A lot of people use generic names here like admin, info, or sales, for example.

6. Create a password and verify password
      Tip: The password you create should follow our password recommendations. Don't make it easy for others to guess your password and access your account. We recommend using a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.

7. Click Save.

Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions to create an email address:

Important: Before you can set up any email accounts, you must already have a domain associated with your website account. Domains must be fully registered, pointed, or transferred in order to set up email with that domain.

1. Click Email on the left.

2. Click Manage my email account.

3. If you have more than one domain in your account, confirm the current domain is the one you want. If not, click switch to another domain.

4. Click Add New.

5. In the Email address field, enter a name for your new email account.

6. Important: Just enter a name, don't include the @ sign or anything extra. A lot of people use generic names here like admin, info, or sales, for example.

7. Complete the rest of the form by entering your first name and last name.

8. Create the password for your email account. Passwords are case sensitive

9. Tip: The password you create should follow our password recommendations. Don't make it easy for others to guess your password and access your account. We recommend using a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.

10. Click Save.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

Not helpful. I don't understand the part about "fully registered, pointed or transferred..."
Live Chat informs me that we have no-hosting Basic account. I want to know how to add email as an additional feature to our account.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

"fully registered, pointed or transferred..." refers the 24 hours after you request a domain. it takes about that long to register across all of the servers named ".com" ".net" ".co.uk" world-wide. That is how people are able to type in your domain address and it can be resolved to the server you are on. Think of it like putting in a change of address or making a listing in the yellow pages. It takes a little time for it to get into the hands of the customer.

1 Message

• 

120 Points

The answer is not helpful because there is no email option showing under Domains or anywhere else.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Only the business hosting plans include email service, which is why your account does not show the email link. However you can add an email address to your account for just $1 per month. Would you like me to add it on for you?

Mike

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Can you help me make an email address that will be associated with my domain?

1 Message

• 

122 Points

12 years ago

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

12 years ago

How do I create an email account for my new website?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how do I set up an email account.

1 Message

• 

190 Points

12 years ago

How to I retrieve emails sent to the email I set up and also link it to the one in my contact us page?

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

11 years ago

how do i get business email addresses

business email addresses.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Diane -

Please let me know if you have trouble with any of the steps above.

Thanks,
Aubrey

1 Message

• 

130 Points

11 years ago

I read your response on how to get/manage emails. However, where do I find the 'email' link on the left you elude to? i cannot locate it anywhere. I do have a registered domain and my website is pointed to it.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

I also can not find this link. Please respond to this email to help us set up our business emails.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Marcia & Jules -

If you don't see the email link, you probably don't have email addresses included in your package. To add them to your account, go to Account > Account Summary > Get Add-ons, then add the desired mailboxes.

Once the mailboxes have been added to your account, you should see the "email" link.

Thanks,
Aubrey

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

how do i set up email for my site? what are the steps?? where do i go???.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi irstaxdoctor3654,

It doesn't look like you've added any emails to your account yet, to do so:

Click Add-on Services > Customize my website > Add extras > email > upgrade

(add hmail accounts)

*use the instructions at the top of the page to create the email account after adding hmail accounts

Let me know if I can offer further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Will someone lease provide me with instructions on how to create the email addresses associated with my domain? I cannot seem to locate the website where I do this at once I log into my account.

Thank you!
Krissi Langdon
Pitchers, LLC

Creating Email Addresses - Domain.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Krissi,

Your current subscription does not include email service, you'll need to add it by logging into your account and clicking:

Add-on Services > Customize my website > Add extras > email > upgrade
(add "hmail" accounts)

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

11 years ago

22 Messages

• 

492 Points

11 years ago

A personalized email address for my website.

Is there a way for me to get an email address with my website's name after the @ sign. For example, mine would be something like bpshirk@indianachristianhoops.com.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Email addresses are an add on for your account. They cost $1/month for each email.

Thanks

Drew

4 Messages

• 

330 Points

11 years ago

How would I get the personalized email that I create to forward to my gmail account?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

What sort of email are you referring to. Sorry but I don't understand what you are asking.

4 Messages

• 

330 Points

I have been going around and around over this issue you guys have created.
I want my personal website email to forward to my gmail.com account like this without having to pay others to get something done that was working before with homestead. Like this:
myname@mydomain.com forwared to myname@gmail.com
I do want a strait answer to fix this problem.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

This is a duplicate question answered on another page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

1 Message

• 

112 Points

OMG I am trying to do this also forward my email I just set up to Gmail.  I have to have this service.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Forwarding mail is available under the advanced settings. It is not recommended as it vastly increases the chances of getting marked as spam. It is a much better idea to setup your gmail account to POP your Homestead mail.

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Cannot access email from newly-created website/"invalid" credentials--what can I do?.

I recently set up my Homestead website and decided to send myself a test email. When I logged in to view the email, I got this:

LGI-0006 Categories=USER_INPUT Message='Invalid credentials.' exceptionID=567334677-96389845

I want to access my emails asap. What to do?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It doesn't appear that you have created an email address yet. It will take about an hour to activate once created.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

how do i set up my email account?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Follow the instructions above.  It can take an hour or so for the mailbox to activate.

Drew

5 Messages

• 

162 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Not getting emails..

I recently created a website on squarspace. The site is hosted by homestead. I am able to see my site perfectly but unable to get emails. How do I correct this?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi getfit4008,

You will need to create an email address first.  Once you create it, it may take a couple of hours before it is fully functional.

Thanks

Drew

5 Messages

• 

162 Points

Actually the email addresses already exist.
carol@sumnerfitness.com and getfit@sumnerfitness.com
These are old email addresses that have been used for years.

I am sure this is something simple that I am just not seeing.

Thank you for any help you can provide Drew.
I appreciate it.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

In March of 2014 that domain was transferred from another host.  In April of 2014 you apparently changed nameservers to Godaddy.  I am assuming that you may have had your email service with them.  Yesterday, your nameservers were switched back to Homestead's.  This would put your email service with us, but the actual email addresses do not move like that.  You can contact Godaddy for your account information(if it was with them, I can only speculate).  Or you can create new email boxes with Homestead.  No old emails would be available.  They are stored on another company's server.

Drew

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If you mail was with Godaddy, then we simply need to change your MX records to theirs, so please get those from Godaddy if that is what you want to do.

5 Messages

• 

162 Points

Yes, I recall something about the MX records before. I am certain that is the information that needs to be updated. 

I assume that I just need to locate the exact numerical data from go daddy and plug that into the MX records and that should resolve the issue?

Thank you so much Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i get email.