darrah8609's profile

2 Messages

• 

230 Points

Sunday, July 21st, 2024 8:17 PM

transfered domain to another provider, but domain still shown on my Domains tab

Hi, I transferred a domain to another provider, and the transfer went thru, but the domain is still on my "Domain" management page, and there is still redirection shown for that domain.   The domain was set up as a subdomain of my original site....

Why can I still manage that domain when it has been transferred?

Why can't I change the redirection or delete the rule, since the domain is no longer managed by homestead?

thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.1K Points

2 months ago

Review: TRANSFER DOMAIN TO ANOTHER HOST:
‎https://community.homestead.com/conversations/domain-support/account-transfer-a-domain-to-another-host/5f2a9a855818095884490a40

(edited)

2 Messages

• 

230 Points

Yep, did all that.   Transfer went thru and I'm using the domain with a new Wordpress based website.  

The domain is still listed here on my management page, and I can make changes to it like redirecting to another domain I still have here.   This behavior can't be correct.  I should only be able to control the domain from my new host.

I'm getting weird errors on the new site that I think are caused by the old redirection that is still in place HERE.   I don't want to delete the domain from the internet, as I'm using it elsewhere, but I don't want the old redirection rules here being pushed out to DNS servers from here. (Delete seems to be the only choice even close to relevant on the Domain management page here.)

Some thing isn't right, and I want to get it cleaned up.

Thanks

1.7K Messages

• 

17.1K Points

@darrah8609​ Call support for HELP.
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6a - 5p MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed