richard5380's profile

3 Messages

• 

242 Points

Tuesday, July 12th, 2022 1:34 AM

Reactivate a domain

I have had naps33.org as a domain for a number of years.  I thought my association with the group i maintained the website for had terminated so released the domain.

The domain still shows me as the contact for the domain with an expiry date of 2022-09-14.

How do I revive this domain?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

144.9K Points

2 years ago

Hello, 

I was able to restore that domain back to your account. You should see it in the Domains tab. 

7 Messages

• 

140 Points

@elyzabethv​ 

Hi Elyzabeth, I have a similar problem, godaddy sold my original domain sbcommissioning.com so I had to get another one through goolge which is now sbcommissioning.us - however, my homestead website still does not work with the new domain name even though I have re-directed it? Any help you have on this would be great. Thanks, Steve 

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

144.9K Points

Hi there, 

I see a couple of issues. 
One, I don't see that this domain name is actually pointing to Homestead. You can use these DNS records:

1. A Record:   @       Points to:  108.167.135.117

2. CNAME:       *        Points to: websites021.homestead.com

3. CNAME:     www    Points to: websites021.homestead.com

4. CNAME:      m        Points to:    mobile.dudamobile.com 

Two, you've got the domain pointed to itself. You'll want to go under "subdomains" where is it pointing to the domain name and choose the website you want it to point to. If you need any assistance with this part, you can call 1-800-710-1998

7 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thanks Elisabeth, This is helpful and will make the changes.

Best Regards,

Steve

7 Messages

• 

140 Points

@elyzabethv​  Hi Elyzabeth, Hope all is well. I still seem to be having the same problem, the website is not recognizing the new domain name sbcommissioning.us and can not be found when search sbcommissioning.

I am not sure what to do at this point, if I cant get it resolved I would have to close the account and start over possibly. Any help or ideas you may have would be great.

Best Regards, Steve

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

144.9K Points

Hello, 

You have your domain pointing to itself, which is causing an issue. I will remove this pointing and check that your DNS is correct. 

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 years ago

hello please am stil not receive a link to activate my domain, please help me to receive a link

Thank you

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello brght4488, the domain has now been properly registered and an email for verification has been resent. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

hello please i have deleted my domain and recreate it again but, still i have not receive domain verification, please send the domain verification link

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 years ago

i deleted the previous domain and recreate another one yet i still not receive domain verification link to activate my domain

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

Hello, I would like to transfer my non-secure website from homestead to a secure site. I would like to continue to use the same domain but attach it to the new website I built in the Website builder. I have published the new site and it is associated with my old domain but still mentions not being a secure site. Please help. Thank you www.lrcleaning4u.com  

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello, I was able to apply the SSL by going through homesteadssl.com for your website. It should begin populating shortly. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Thanks, it worked! I appreciate your assistance

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

2 years ago

hello, please i still not receive my domain verification link, hope i receive my domain verification link 

thank you

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

2 years ago

Hello,

my contact email is perfectly ok, but i need to verify my domain before it start working, please kindly send me verification link.

Thank you