K

5 Messages

• 

110 Points

Monday, February 12th, 2024 5:43 PM

NameServers point to mdnsservice.com, cannot edit advanced DNS

I'm trying to edit the Advanced DNS for kasch.com and can edit some records, it appears this domain is pointed to a set of NameServers through mdnsservice.com (ns1.mdnsservice.com, ns2.mdnsservice.com, and ns3.mdnsservice.com).  From what I see online, these are NameServers HomeStead accounts have made use of before but, I cannot edit the connected Advanced DNS.  The domain name has been registered since 1996 so I'm worried this may be some sort of legacy account without all of the intended features present.

I'd like to change the A-Record and a CNAME for kasch.com.  Is this possible from the account?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

5 months ago

Hello, 

I am able to view your DNS for that domain. Are you still experiencing this issue?

5 Messages

• 

110 Points

I can see the advanced DNS settings and I can edit them.  Unfortunately these changes don't seem to propagate or apply online.  When I ping my domain it still resolves to 216.40.47.17 instead of the value I changed it to.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

I can see that this is a pointing domain, but when I do a WHOIS, I only see 2 of our 3 nameservers on this domain. Can you add the 3rd nameserver to see if this corrects the issue? Is should be ns3.mdnsservice.com

5 Messages

• 

110 Points

@elyzabethv​ Thank you for the suggestion, this is part of my concern though.  I'm curious if kasch.com is actually a HomeStead domain though.  The domain kasch.com is very old and I only recall doing business with Homestead for my web services.  It would be from long before HomeStead was a Web.com company and may be part of a Wild West Domains partner account owned by HomeStead,

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Yes, that domain is pulling up a Homestead website. 

5 Messages

• 

110 Points

Can you tell if the registration of the domain name kasch.com is through HomeStead?  Is kasch.com perhaps registered in a legacy account of some kind?