lynn1286's profile

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

Saturday, March 2nd, 2024 3:35 PM

Is the DNS for new sites fixed yet?

Is the DNS connection issue resolved?  I can't tell. After waiting more than a month for the issue to be fixed, I moved my last new site to another platform.  I would really like to be confident in building more in Homestead, but not if it is just going to sit there forever.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

5 months ago

HELP?
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998 (To close your Account)
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

Hi Russell- I am very aware of the support numbers, since I have been with Homestead for over 20 years.  I am just trying to figure out if the problem is solved and Homestead paid their bill with the DNS company.  I do not find the current crew of "support" very helpful at all. 

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@lynn1286

This is the link obtained through google:

https://community.homestead.com/conversations/account-billing/account-editview-dns-records/5f2a9b3a58180958845ee4fb

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

I am really just looking for a yes or no answer as to whether anyone with a site that was down in the last 2 months has seen the issue resolved-- before I attempt to build any new websites.  Russell- you have been here a long time, so I am surprised that you don't understand my question.  For about 2 months, new sites were not connecting live due to a DNS connection error.  Support just said they were "working on it."   And that is ALL they said to 100's of frustrated customers. 

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@lynn1286​ I'm a member of the group. I'm not staff.

Account: Edit/View DNS Records

https://community.homestead.com/conversations/account-billing/account-editview-dns-records/5f2a9b3a58180958845ee4fb

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

Yes- I know that.  You helped me a lot over the years.   My older sites are fine.  So that link would show that the DNS records are correct.  The problem was with sites built in the past 60 days, and I currently don't have any of those, as I had to bail out of homestead to get them active.  

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

5 months ago

Hello Lynn, 

We do experience an issue with publishing some new WebsiteBuilder sites, but most issues can be corrected by contacting support. There have only been a couple of sites, and unfortunately yours was one of them, that cannot be fixed using the traditional troubleshooting and has to be escalated. 

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

Thanks Elyzabeth- I had to give up on the broken one with Homestead.  I never got any further response from the "escalation." It was a very nice site.   I will probably try again next time, and we'll see how that goes.