K

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Monday, February 26th, 2024 9:02 PM

authorization code Invalid

Hello,

I am trying to transfer my domain to a new registerer. I had requested a transfer code last week although due to issues with the new registerer I was unable to start the transfer process until today. When I do I am receiving an alert from the new registerer that the Authorization Code is invalid. I have tried manually entering it with no luck. I re-requested the code a second time from homestead thinking the code may have expired and I would get a new code, only to receive the same code which is not working. I checked and the domain spelling at the new registerer is correct and they show the correct source for the current registerer. Would it be possible to get a new authorization code emailed to me or can you check to see if there is an issue on the homestead side?

Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

5 months ago

I would recommend copying/pasting the authorization code into a 3rd party system like a notepad. Then, cut and paste the code into your new registrar. I've never seen a code be incorrect, but I have seen formatting issues.