homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:17 PM

Account: Unlock a Domain

Account: Unlock a Domain
Here are instructions on how to unlock your domain.

1. Click Domains in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down until you see your domain name.

3. Under your domain, click Edit Domain Locking.

4. Click Unlock and confirm by clicking Unlock, again.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions on how to unlock your domain.

1. Click Domains in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down until you see your domain name.

3. Under your domain, click Edit Domain Locking.

4. Click Unlock and confirm by clicking Unlock, again.

Hope that helps!

4 Messages

• 

176 Points

11 years ago

I am being told by my new hosting company to unlock my intuit domain name, but when I go to Domains on the intuit website services page there are no longer any domain names listed. I was just there earlier today. Where did it go? How do I unlock my domain if it is not listed!!!!!!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You deleted it from your account just this morning. I will replace it so you can prepare the domain for transfer. Which domain is it? You deleted 2.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.

4 Messages

• 

176 Points

When will this be done? Thanks.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I need to know which of the 2 domains you need or both?

Drew

4 Messages

• 

176 Points

Please restore and unlock the www.aquambi.com domain Thank you.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It is restored to your account and unlocked. If you need the authorization code, please login to your account and click on domains. You will see a link to email the code to you.

Thanks

Drew
If this post helps, please give me a "Star" and complete this survey to rate my performance.

1 Message

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

When I log in and click on Domains, the Domain Control section does not provide the options for editing Contact Info and Domain Locking as shown in your image above. The only option is for 'Advanced DNS Settings'. Please advise.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you wish to unlock your domain, you will need to contact the company that hosts it. The domain I see on your account is just pointed to Homestead.

Mike

6 Messages

• 

242 Points

11 years ago

i have the same problem with my domain
www.asmileofhope.com

Pleaes can you check
i can't log to my account to unlock it again

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You need to contact compliance@homesteadsupport.com.

Drew

6 Messages

• 

242 Points

i did but no answer
Please Mr. M Mike help me or tell me why me should contact them why couldn't you tell me like you told others here

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

They will get back to you during the week, and they are the only ones who can assist you. The account you have is only available to US residents. I am sorry, but you will have to wait for a response from compliance.

Thank you

Drew

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

7 years ago

I have followed the all of the instructions on unlocking my domain, however I can't get the domain to transfer. I have an authorization code, but when I try to transfer it says its unavailable.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Adam7057, Where are you trying to transfer it?

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

Squarespace

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Have you asked them what that error means. If there was an issue with Lock status, you would see a declined, not unavailable.

The domain is showing as unlocked and privacy is disabled. So the domain should transfer fine. Start the transfer at Squarespace and then when asked, enter the authorization code.

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

ok  i will try that, will back in a few

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

That worked thanks

1 Message

• 

110 Points

5 years ago

Hi, I am trying to transfer my domains out to Cloudflare and they are saying that my domains are locked but when I check on Homestead it shows unlocked.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Jeff,

I do see all the domains on the account unlocked as well. What domain name is showing locked? 

7 Messages

• 

204 Points

4 years ago

When I go to my "Domain Control" options, I don't have any options other than "Advanced DNS Settings." I'm trying to unlock my domain so I can transfer it to GoDaddy, but can't seem to find the most basic options to do so. Help?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Melanie7937,

The domain is added to the Homestead account as a pointed domain meaning the original registration is not through Homestead. This is why the option to unlock the domain is not available. When I perform a whois lookup, it shows artidaho.org is registered with Go Daddy already. If you need to point it back to Godaddy, update the nameservers to Go Daddys nameservers. 

7 Messages

• 

204 Points

Thanks for the help, I'll see what I can do to find my GoDaddy information.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem, you are welcome. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 years ago

Hello, I am trying to build a new site with Go Daddy. I will transfer the domain later. However, when I try to open my temporary site www.new.magnoliaforwarding.com I am re-directed to homestead's main page.  I have unlocked the domain. What else do I need to do?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Currently, when I visit the domain on the account I get a website. Here's what I see.

The URL www.new.magnoliaforwarding.com does take me to the Homestead page. Where is the site you want to point to located? 
You will only need to unlock the domain when you are ready to transfer it. 

13 Messages

• 

432 Points

6 months ago

I am receiving this message:

There was an error retrieving this domain's lock status. Please try again later.
 Does not indicate if my url is locked or unlocked.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

I would recommend you update the contact info on the domain, then try again.