homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:36 PM

Account: Point a Domain to Homestead Using Nameservers

Account: Point a Domain to Homestead Using Nameservers
Here are instructions to point your domain to Homestead using nameservers.

To point your domain using nameservers
  1. Contact your current domain provider to add our Nameservers. Some providers allow you to do this online. If yours doesn't, you can call or email them to complete this step with our Nameservers.

• NS1.MDNSSERVICE.COM

• NS2.MDNSSERVICE.COM

• NS3.MDNSSERVICE.COM

2. Click Domains on the left to go to Domain Manager.

3. Under Use a Domain You Already Own, enter your domain and click Use This Domain.

4. Click Keep Current Provider.

5. Click I Have Added Nameservers.

The point will complete in 1-3 business days depending on the speed of your domain provider.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What DNS records do I need?.

I don't want to move my DNS hosting to homestead.  I want to leave it with GoDaddy.  What DNS records to I need to point to homestead for my website to work properly.  All I have with homestead is website hosting.  This information should not be so hard to find.

3 Messages

• 

182 Points

5 years ago

Hi - you have previously mentioned that your system cannot support double-extension domain endings, but can you at least add the ".uk" ending to you list of choices, please? I have used Homestead for many years and it's still so frustrating that I have such limited options in terms of domain names I can buy. In this case, I purposely avoided ".co.uk" because of your system limitations, but I now see that you don't even have ".uk" listed. Please can you update? Thanks.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello Adam,

I can certainly pass the suggestion along, but cannot guarantee that this will be implemented. This is not a request we get very often.

3 Messages

• 

182 Points

Thanks so much! I see .us and .ca are on there, so I really do hope .uk will be considered :)

8 Messages

• 

240 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hosting a domain bought elsewhere.

I have a domain purchased from Whois.com. It has neer beeb hosted. I want it ti be hoisted by Homestead. Must I wait 60 days? If not how do I get it started on Homestead?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

5 years ago

Hello edilgen34,

If the domain was just recently registered you will need to allow 60 days with its current provider before it can be moved. Once the  domain is past 60 days you can transfer your domain to Homestead by following these instructions https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_transfer_my_domain_to_homestead. In the mean time, if you have a site on your Homestead account and would like to connect it to that domain just point either the name servers or A record to Homestead with this option https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_point_my_domain_to_homestead_using_nameservers.

23 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

5 years ago

I have done my part on pointing lookout.homesteadcloud.com to LookoutMountainDesigns.com. Can someone at Endurance please complete that connection for me?
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hi there Bob,

To fix that 404 error, please follow these instructions:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/fixing-the-website-builder-404-error

6 Messages

• 

428 Points

I followed those instructions using my new domain name but they didn't work at first. What I actually had to do is rename the homesteadcloud,com site to match the name that the .com is pointing to. everything is good now. Thanks for those instructions!
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Awesome, glad you got it worked out. 

10 Messages

• 

230 Points

3 years ago

I need to update my nameservers as my off-site zone is ready. When I try this through Homestead's Domain Manager, it says "This domain is already associated with a website account." I have my domain registered at Godaddy. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

If your domain is registered through GoDaddy, then they would have control of your nameservers. You will need to update them through that account. 

9 Messages

• 

162 Points

3 years ago

My provider is not accepting the name servers you have. Now what? I am unable to get to my website ..no one is able to.

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I do not see you have started pointing the domain into your Homestead account. If you can provide the domain you want to use, I can help begin the pointing process. You will need to work with your host about either changing the nameservers, or adding the DNS.

Our nameservers are: 
ns1.mdnsservice.com
ns2.mdnsservice.com
ns3.mdnsservice.com

If you cannot edit or add the nameservers, here is the DNS for your Sitebuilder Plus website:

A Records
@ --> 108.167.135.73

CNames
www --> websites002.homestead.com
* --> websites002.homestead.com
m --> mobile.dudamobile.com

9 Messages

• 

162 Points

thankyou. Got it done.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

2 years ago

re:  jrtpuppy.com

I have had this account for years.  The domain name is registered elsewhere, and the nameservers are pointed to homestead correctly (and have been for several years).

ns1.mdnsservice.com

ns2.mdnsservice.com

The site was previously displaying, but now it isn't.  In my account under domains it showed the following info:

Domains>Manage Your Websites Domains
jrtpuppy.com (pointed domain)>

site > jrtpuppy > Change association >
The domain www.jrtpuppy.com is currently pointing to the website jrtpuppy. 

Subdomain>
Link this subdomain to:
Another site in this account:  jrtpuppy.homestead.com 

But site was not displaying, so I tried the following:

I changed the subdomain to also use Folder in jrt puppy. 

Still not displaying site.

I followed instructions above, and did through #3, but don't get the option for #4 as shown above.  I get a message that says "This domain is already associated with a website account."

Can you please help me?

Thanks so much.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

First I just want to make sure that you should have 3 nameservers. ns1, ns2, and ns3.mdnsservice.com. 

I'm looking into the issue with your website and for some reason, you had no DNS connected to your domain. I've readded the DNS, but it may take up to 24 hours to propagate. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

How long does it take to work? I did the above a couple of days ago and my website is not connected to my domain yet. 

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

When I do a who.is on your domains, it still seems to be pointing to CanSpace nameservers. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

Everything looks good at my domain home at CanSpace but I still can not pull up my website on either of my domains I have pointed to my homestead website. I have re-entered the 3 namesavers and attempted to re-do the process, but homestead says that my domains are already associated with a website. I followed the protocol perfectly as stated in the beginning of this thread. Is something going on with the Homestead Host? What could be the reason(s) for this?

Thanks