homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:39 PM

Account: Delete a Domain Name

Account: Delete a Domain Name

You can remove a domain from your account. Before you delete your domain, there are a few things you should know:

• Any email messages or email addresses associated with your deleted domain will be lost. Therefore, we recommend that you delete your domain only if you can easily spread the word that your email addresses have changed. Also, we recommend that you back up any important email messages.

• If your domain name is associated with a WebListings upgrade, log in to the WebListings dashboard (at http://business.intuit.com) and update your business profile. Change the domain name listed in the Customize Profile and WebListings tabs to another website address and save your changes before submitting your domain deletion request.
    • We do not provide refunds for prepaid services. So, if you have paid for this domain name as an upgrade, you will not receive a refund for the setup fee or your subscriptions fee for this domain

Warning: Deleting your domain is final. All emails associated with the domain will be lost when you click delete a domain

To delete a domain

1. Click Domains on the left.

2. The Domain Center will open with Manage Your Websites Domains expanded.

3. Find the domain you'd like to delete. Then, in the Domain Control area, click Delete Domain

4. Read the important information about deleting your domain. Then, click to select the checkbox acknowledging you've read and understand the important information.

5. Click Delete Domain

17 Messages

• 

396 Points

3 years ago

went through the steps and still not able o delete domain

Getting this error, but it still listed as a domain I own

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

What is the domain name in question?

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

2 years ago

I keep trying to delete my domain but it takes me to an error page that says the information is missing?

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

2 years ago

I want to delete my domain but it will not allow me.

5 Messages

• 

560 Points

2 years ago

I have deleted the domain and need this site deleted. http://www.hospitalityplusllc.com/

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

If you've deleted the domain, you would just need to go to the Websites manager tab of your account, choose the site you want to delete from the drop down, wait for it to load, then click Delete This Site.

15 Messages

• 

384 Points

2 years ago

I did  the procedure exactly as you showed. I unlocked it first. The following error message is what I got multiple times with 4 different domains. I just tried it again and the message below is what I got. 

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hi there, 

What is the domain? I can help delete it on my end. 

15 Messages

• 

384 Points

Thank you Elyzabeth,

The domains I want to and have bee trying to delete are:

siveres.com

sivercc.com

sivercc.net

sivercc.org

I have to leave now for errands. I'll check my account when I get home this evening. 

Thanks.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Ok, those domains have been removed. 

15 Messages

• 

384 Points

Thank you so much! 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 year ago

Hello, I just transferred my domain to another host. How do I discontinue my monthly payments to homestead that I no longer need? do I have to formally terminate my subscription? I think there is a waiting period before the domain is fully transferred...any info would really help! thanks

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@marla9665
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958
Support: 1-800-710-1998 (To close your Account)
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

After the domain transfer goes through, please call to cancel the account at 1-800-710-1998