homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:39 PM

Account: Delete a Domain Name

Account: Delete a Domain Name

You can remove a domain from your account. Before you delete your domain, there are a few things you should know:

• Any email messages or email addresses associated with your deleted domain will be lost. Therefore, we recommend that you delete your domain only if you can easily spread the word that your email addresses have changed. Also, we recommend that you back up any important email messages.

• If your domain name is associated with a WebListings upgrade, log in to the WebListings dashboard (at http://business.intuit.com) and update your business profile. Change the domain name listed in the Customize Profile and WebListings tabs to another website address and save your changes before submitting your domain deletion request.
    • We do not provide refunds for prepaid services. So, if you have paid for this domain name as an upgrade, you will not receive a refund for the setup fee or your subscriptions fee for this domain

Warning: Deleting your domain is final. All emails associated with the domain will be lost when you click delete a domain

To delete a domain

1. Click Domains on the left.

2. The Domain Center will open with Manage Your Websites Domains expanded.

3. Find the domain you'd like to delete. Then, in the Domain Control area, click Delete Domain

4. Read the important information about deleting your domain. Then, click to select the checkbox acknowledging you've read and understand the important information.

5. Click Delete Domain

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can you drop my second domain immediately?.

Please drop my second domain immediately-hugheshrs.info.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

You would need to delete the domain from the account as shown above. 

6 Messages

• 

242 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I change my domain name?.

I just accidentally created a new domain (complete with extra charges), when all I really wanted to do was change the name of my old one to this one. How do I fix this?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: How do I move or copy a website?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It is not possible to change a domain name. You will need to delete the domain you don't want. Keep in mind that 1 factor in Google ranking is the age of the domain. If you delete the domain, you will lose all the ranking your domain has built up over time.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

9 years ago

I recently transferred my domain from Tucows to godaddy. I need to delete my domain from my homestead account so I can close it. Will deleting my domain name from my homestead account also delete it with godaddy or just remove it from homestead? I am now pointing my domain name it to a different host site and need to keep my domain name. 

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

If you provide your domain I can double check your domain if you would like, but removing off our side will not remove it off GoDaddy's side.

35 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

I have a favor - 
Can someone delete the 2 domains for me?
they are blank websites chigoodness.com (PLEASE make sure it is this one - another one I have with the hyphen - which I WANT)  :)
and top-health-cafe.com
Thanks very much

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

I have removed chigoodness.com and top-health-cafe.com off your account for you.

35 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

Thank you very much.

5 Messages

• 

374 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Changing an Existing Domain Name.

My site currently has two domains. One of the domains is active, but I no longer use the other and would like to change its name and the page itself to use for a new professional service I plan on offering. How do I replace an existing domain name with a new domain name? Thanks!
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hi Bennett3683,
Take a look at the article above and let me know if this helps you out any!

5 Messages

• 

226 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel Add on Domain.

Hi there,
I'd like to cancel my add on domain service that total 34.00 a year (1 Domain: $24.00 / year 1 Domain Privacy: $10.00 / year) makeuprequired.com. Thank you for any help you can give!!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Debra3094, Delete the domain and the billing should remove automatically.

5 Messages

• 

226 Points

Thank you Drew!!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome!

6 Messages

• 

292 Points

7 years ago

I need to delete 3 domain names that are currently pointed to my primary website.  I believe I read above that this needs to be done at your end.  Please help.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Click on the domains tag in your Homestead account. Under each domain, pointed or not, there should be a link to delete the domain.

6 Messages

• 

292 Points

When I log on, I click on "Domains" on the left.  It takes me to my account summary, contact and billing information.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Try again any time today. If you still have an issue, please provide the 3 domain names and I can remove them for you.

6 Messages

• 

292 Points

just did and still cannot see my domain names, but can see them under emails.  I do not have emails for these three thou.
meltmethodstlouis.com
meltmethodstlouis.net
meltmethodstlouis.org

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

ok, I have removed them for you.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

Hi,
I have deleted 2 unused domains  from my account and opened a new one (www.vitalityclinichawaii.com) however it is still pointing to the old, deleted domains. Could you have their ghosts exorcised from my site, so they do not cause confusion? The a/m site is my good site under construction, please, leave it there!
Thanks
Alex

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

That domain is associated with a site and no other domains. Is it bringing up the correct site? or is that the wrong site?

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

5 years ago

I followed ALL steps listed. It will not allow me to delete domain and website. The website is not longer needed and so I need to delete it. VERY frustrated I cannot talk to a REAL person to get this resolved!!!!
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

What issues are you experiencing when trying to delete the domain and website?

You can definitely speak to someone by calling support: 1-800-710-1998

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

I will call support because the online help is NOT help!!!!!  I followed all instructions and I get an error 404-file or directory not found page appears when I click through to the delete domain page.

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

Thank you for giving me the phone number for support.  It was NOT my issue.  They were able to handle the problem!! 
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

I understand and I'm glad they were able to assist you!

9 Messages

• 

200 Points

4 years ago

I deleted a domain but now need it restored to set up 301 redirects. How can I restore it or at least buy the old one back?
Brand User

5 Messages

• 

780 Points

Hello, I can see you deleted oldmcdebbiesfarm.net from your account and then readded it as a pointed domain. I will need to delete that from the account in order to be able to restore the domain as you are requesting. The charge for this will add $24.00 back to your yearly hosting (making your yearly $164.88) fee plus a $5.00 restore fee that will be charged when we restore the domain name. Would you like me to proceed?

9 Messages

• 

200 Points

No thank you! Everything worked out!

9 Messages

• 

200 Points

We still want to use the oldmcdebbiesfarm.net domain for our new website hosted by a different company. Can Homestead release the domain so we can purchase  it via our new hosting site in  a timely manner? Thank you. 
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

You would need to transfer the domain, we can't just release it.
To do this, the domain would need to be properly re-added to the account.
Would you like me to make this change?

9 Messages

• 

200 Points

How long do I have to wait until this domain becomes public again so I can repurchase it? 

38 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

4 years ago

I need to delete sofadesignbc.com and keep getting an error message
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Liz7153,

I have went ahead and deleted the domain name from the account. 

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

4 years ago

I want to delete my domain but I can't. when I open "domain" isn't the option "manage your websites domain"
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I only see one domain name on the account. I can assist, would you like me to delete it? 

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

I want to delete the domain www.casertana.net. How can I do?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

I can delete it. Are you going to continue using the website? 

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

If is possible that you delete my domain. I don't want to continue using the website and I don't want to renewal my subscription with Homestead
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Okay, in this case I will close out the entire account. You will receive an email confirmation. 

8 Messages

• 

240 Points

4 years ago

You sent me a renewal for my account and I replied saying I did not wish to renew. You still charged my card for the site. I need a refund therefore. How can I speak to somebody about this. Please send me an email dalejohno@aol.com

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello John,

I do apologize, the informational emails that are sent out about the account are all from no-reply emails. We do not have email support but can help process a refund and close the account by calling into support at 1800-710-1998.  

8 Messages

• 

240 Points

So I have to ring American to get this done. Not very good when I am in the UK.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem, if you are unable to call in I can assist from here. Do you wish to close the entire account? This will disable access to the account, the domain, website, and any domain email addresses. 

8 Messages

• 

240 Points

Yes. I asked to close the account completely. I do relaise I will loose all data and access to the website

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Okay, I have closed the account and refunded the last payment. You will receive an email confirmation for these actions. 

7 Messages

• 

294 Points

4 years ago

I tried to do this but every time that I click on Domains the only links that come up are my billing/payment / account info / contact info and security.   It does not have anything more about my domains.  Can you please help me? Thank you.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

This was due to the status of the account. I have updated the status, go ahead and try once again. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

When I delete the site the following page is a 404 error.

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

3 years ago

I deleted a domain (moonlightwagon.com) - how long until it becomes available through a different wesbsite for purchase?