K

5 Messages

• 

130 Points

Monday, October 16th, 2023 5:05 PM

How long before my godaddy site points to the new site I made

I have magnoliaoakkennels.com via godaddy. I built a new site with homestead and was planning on keeping hosting with godaddy but point to the new website on homestead. I changed the server names as instructed by homestead, and now my website is down, not showing the old godaddy one or pointing to the new one. Does it take a few days and is it normal for the other site to be down? Is there something else I  need to do?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

5 Messages

• 

130 Points

9 months ago

My website is still down. Any help or answers would be appreciated.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

9 months ago

Hello, 

I have temporarily fixed the site association to get your website working, but this may happen again as long as you have two domains connected to the same WebsiteBuilder site. You'll need to move one domain off of this site and point it to the main domain:

‎WebsiteBuilder: Connect More Than 1 Domain to Site | Homestead Community

5 Messages

• 

130 Points

Still nothing. I got a new domain, magnoliaoakkennels.net via homestead. I cancelled my godaddy website and when I try to point to my new domain it won't let me but keeps saying my website is already associated with a domain. When I try to point the .com one I get the same message. So my website is in limbo. Please just delete the magnoliaoakkennels.com from godaddy as a pointed one and use the magnoliaoakkennels.net

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Ok, magnoliaoakkennels.net is working on my end. Please let me know if you have any other issues. 

Also, I do believe GoDaddy has domain forwarding as an option in their system. You probably could forward the .com to the .net from their system.