homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, September 17th, 2018 6:49 PM

Site Spotlight - rockymountainsidecar.com

http://www.rockymountainsidecar.com/

Can you provide a description of your business?

Rocky Mountain Sidecar Adventures was started in 2014  and we offer guided sidecar motorcycle tours in and around Calgary, AB Canada.  We have several tour choices for customers and try to fit into a wide variety of budgets and time limitations.

How did you get started in this business?

We got started in the business after purchasing our first sidecar motorcycle and riding it for a couple of years, we decided to find more and create a tour operation.  We currently have six sidecar motorcycles for the road and one for display and short trips only.  After three seasons of doubling our business each season, we decided to have a winter or non-touring portion and created another branch to our business called Moviebikes and we have two sidecar motorcycles that travel to shows and comic expos and we offer full service portrait photography  moviebikes.ca also hosted by Homestead.

How do you market your business?

We use every free and effective marketing tool possible including word of mouth, a trip advisor listing, partnerships with local and regional tourism boards, Facebook,Instagram and Twitter.  We also attend charity events with our bikes for photo ops and information sessions.  We have been featured in a few video productions about the business too...Advertising is very expensive and we want to optimize our dollars and ROI to ensure that we are capitalizing on every opportunity to get our product out there.  We ask our clients to review us on Trip Advisor which then drives traffic back to our website.

How has technology, such as computers and the internet, impacted on how you conduct business?

Computers and technology are quite necessary for what we do.  Mobile devices are the number one way people do business, communicate, socialize, and interact.  We would not be able to have the international market we now enjoy without the ability to have our information portable and mobile.  Keeping up with the age of innovation is and will be a challenge going forward I believe.  

How important is social media to your business?

Social media is huge for our business. Online inter-activeness governs the way in which people live.  It sets the pace and drives the interest today.  Without that, I think we wouldn't be able to do what we do.  The more we can see and learn about something on a portable device, the easier it is for the customer to make a decision to go with us on a tour.

43 Messages

• 

2.8K Points

6 years ago

Interesting article! I see no one else has responded, perhaps, like me, this email alert was autofiled into “Promotions” which I rarely check. I will check it more often now as I have found other interesting thing mis-filed.
...Is this “Spotlight” interview featured somewhere in Homestead Community? I would like to read more about it. Good job RockyMountainSideCar, and best of luck!

1 Message

• 

210 Points

Hi Susan,  thanks.  We were surprised to find it.  I did the interview with one of the folks from Homestead, but never heard back after except to say it would show up sometime in the future.  Guess I missed it along the way.  Thanks for your compliment.  Warren of Rocky Mountain Sidecar Adventures

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I am very sorry that you did not receive my email with the link. I sent it on October 1st. Maybe Susan is right and it ended up somewhere, hiding in your inbox. In any case, I am going to change how I alert people to their topic and request that they acknowledge receipt of the link so this, hopefully doesn't happen again.
Did you receive the newsletter? If not, and you would like to, please subscribe here.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

5 years ago

This looks like a really fun and different way to explore some great areas. I do have a few ideas for you to consider.

1. On the homepage, you have the 3 different adventures shown at the bottom. The first image on the left is set to pop up when clicked. The middle and right image are not. I would be consistent with that. Have all pop-up or none pop up.

2. Your book now links all go to the same page, meaning no matter which of the 3 tours I click on, I go to the same page. Once there I can find your tour options, but there are 7 of them. Why are all the options not visible on the homepage? Are those just the most popular? If you just like the single line of images approach, then maybe add a 4th image titled "Other tours" The other tours can link to the page with all tours. and the other 3 could link directly to the page with that specific popular tour. You want to minimize the number of clicks a visitor must make.

3. On the tours page, You have a click here text, it should open in a new tab.

4. I would love to see sub pages of each tour with a detailed description of each tour on its own page. You could have some photos from a tour as well, maybe a short video up on YouTube. The additional information could help improve your search ranking.

5. Make sure to add Alt-Tags to all your images. That will also help search engines. On images it is under More > Advanced > Settings. On a gallery, go to manage and click on each image and add a title and description.

Well, that's just a few ideas I noticed. Great job though. It looks like fun!

1 Message

• 

110 Points

5 years ago

Greetings so my name is Romare Herring I was trying to create the Web Site Your Direct Health Care and I seem to be having a hard time with this web site and its layouts just need some help
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello,

Are you wanting to speak to someone in design about building the site for you?