homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, September 17th, 2018 6:47 PM

Site Spotlight - gaiacreationsecoland.com

https://www.gaiacreationsecoland.com/

Can you provide a description of your business?

Gaia Creations is a small, owner operated landscape and permaculture business located in Chico, California. We provide consulting,design, installation, management and education services for our local community. Utilizing an integrated approach to landscaping we place an emphasis on water conservation, soil biological health and ecology.

How did you get started in this business?

We started our husband-wife business in 2000 after working in the landscape industry for several years. We were unhappy with mainstream landscape practices leaving a negative ecological footprint so chose to start a company that focused on landscape ecology and conservation.

How do you market your business?

We began with word of mouth and print publications and in2007 created our website with Homestead. We continue to utilize our newly revamped website and word of mouth and have now also included social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

How has technology, such as computers and the internet, impacthow you conduct business?

We are still a small company utilizing low key technology(computers and software) so conducting business is about the same. Networking with other people around the world via the internet increased our ability to learn and teach (continuing education and writing/blogging) which has been very helpful. We feel strongly that learning is a lifelong process so acquiring new skills and methods is a vital part of our business.

How important is social media to your business?

We don’t use social media as much as we could.We’re too busy playing and working outside!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

6 years ago

I really like this site. It is clean and simple. The pictures are well placed, and there is a ton of content for search engines to find and rank your keywords. I especially like the Learn section. You have a ton of information for those who want to do more in depth research. This is a well thought out and designed site. Great job!

I do have a couple of minor suggestions. First, review your page titles and descriptions. Do some Google searches of your business and see what your page titles look like versus any local competitors. See if you can make them stand out from the other results.

The second thing is that you proclaimed that you were returning to blogging back in May, but there are just two blog posts, both on the same day. You should continue to blog, it is a great way to establish your reputation and expertise in your field. I know it can be time consuming, but if you have the blog on the site, you should make sure to create a regularly timed blog post. If you are not going to regularly create blog posts, you might consider removing the blog altogether. If you have the time, though it would be best to keep it and have a monthly post. You could go quarterly, but monthly would be better.

Again, Great job on this site.