mark6276's profile

35 Messages

• 

550 Points

Saturday, March 25th, 2023 10:11 PM

Password protect does not delete upon publishing

somehow my main well publicized business page became set for a password, I removed the apparent password in the advanced settings of the sitebuilder plus site, saved and published, but it keeps reverting to the unwanted password setting. Is there a sequence or time frame I need to be aware of.

I also noticed that when using the Site Builder plus, If I remove the mystery password by keeping the password section blank while simply reviewing it and not saving or publishing the page, it navigates correctly, although once I save and  publish it, is when it appears to automatically revert back to the unknown password protection. The page online shows a blank page stating

" The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

An error message recently came up in the editing area stating your page could not be saved possibly due to a server or network issue. ( Error Code 0x19 )

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

35 Messages

• 

550 Points

1 year ago

Another noticed issue, I tried going to other pages while in my site builder editor just to see if the automated password was in other pages, the 2 others I opened became affected too, now instead of one page affected there is three, I believe this is a glitch within the editor, I hope it is and that it becomes resolved soon, I have very good page listings from the 10+ years of using this platform.

35 Messages

• 

550 Points

1 year ago

Until this gets resolved I'd suggest to anyone, (( do not edit your pages then save and  publish )) , it seems that sequence is when the issue spreads. At least from my observed perspective.

7 Messages

• 

332 Points

1 year ago

I have the same problem with an old website I created years ago using site builder plus.  Only one page out of a dozen is password protected.  Every time I edit the site any pages I open acquire the password protection.  Then I go through every page to remove the password on each page and save it, then move onto the next page and save it.  When all pages are clean, I publish.  It is a pain to do all that, but the password then ends up on the correct page only.  Please fix this glitch!

35 Messages

• 

550 Points

@anita3176​   Thanks for sharing your experience, although I don't think I'll gamble with going to each page in the editor as you did, I'd hate to lose all my internet visibility. I'm hoping to get an all is clear from the developers

35 Messages

• 

550 Points

Well ... I ended up calling the 1800 710 1998 customer service and they talked me through it.

Thank you customer service.

It seems this issue of course was on my end. My browser naturally.

I was talked through the process of basically going to my password manager and deleting any
of the homestead passwords within the non saved category.

Then flush my browser cache files, I used the all selection.

Then I updated my browser ( chrome ).

After those steps I went back to the editor, removed the mystery passwords on the effected page clicked save ..them publish.

I'm back online as was before all this mess occured.

I hate this technology .. as much as I love it ..

Thanks again customer service.