cant copy browser settings

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

The site keeps giving me an error that I cant do a copy or past due to browser settings and brings up a box that removes all my formatting. Very annoying how do I fix this?
Windows 7. Internet Explorer 10.0.7
Photo of Darryl3174

Darryl3174

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Darryl3174

Darryl3174

The site keeps giving me an error that I cant do a copy or past due to browser settings and brings up a box that removes all my formatting. Very annoying how do I fix this?
Windows 7. Internet Explorer 10.0.7
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I've heard this several times before from people using IE10. It sounds like Microsoft may have some sort of security setting blocking people. If you can't copy and paste using Ctrl C & Ctrl V, then try opening SiteBuilder Plus in a different browser such as Firefox.

Let us know if you still have problems.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Darryl3174

Darryl3174

after being a satisfied user of the desktop version of HomeStead for years, I was told last week to use IE and began using it. This issue is definitely tainting the transition.
Same copy problem was on Google Chrome.

I like formatting off line then copying in so I can use a better editor and post prior text much more easily.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If it helps, I've found Firefox to be the most user friendly. The copy and paste feature in all of the systems is about the same. No matter which version of SiteBuilder you use, you'll still have to reformat the text, once you paste it in.
Photo of Darryl3174

Darryl3174

It will not even allow me to copy from one part of the same page to another!
The error code says 'Brower settings' are set wrong. Which ones should be changed?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Darryl3174, Apparently this is a known issue with IE10. While researching, I found several forums where others are unable to copy & paste including this one from Microsoft http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie....

I see from your previous log in sessions that you've used Chrome and IE. Try Firefox as it seems to be the most compatible browser at this time. If you need to download Firefox, you can get it free here. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.