homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 6:11 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add PayPal Buttons

Sitebuilder Plus: Add PayPal Buttons
Here are instructions to set up PayPal and add the buttons to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site to go to the editor.

2. In the SiteBuilder toolbar, click Insert.

3. Click More on the right, then click PayPal Button.

4. Note: This button isn't available if you already have SimpleStore. If you have SimpleStore, the option to use PayPal is built right in.

5. You'll be asked to set up a PayPal account or link an existing account to your SiteBuilder website. Follow the on-screen instructions or sign up for a PayPal account.

6. If you've already setup PayPal to work with SiteBuilder, the PayPal Button setup window will appear to the right. To add a new item to sell, click Edit Products.

7. The Product Manager window opens. Enter a product name (required), description, SKU, and price.

8. Important: When choosing a product name, avoid using a forward slash " / " as this character redirects the PayPal button to the wrong location on the Internet.

9. Click OK. Repeat these steps until all of your products are available online.

10. Save and Publish your page.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i apply the links to accept payment i see the box however no logo for payp....

help

8 Messages

• 

296 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Using Pay Pal button On Gold Package.

My Account in Gold Plus Package says: If you’re selling 10 or fewer products or services online, you could use PayPal. Customers that purchase from your site just click the PayPal button to buy items using a single payment.But,How do I manage this?

12 Messages

• 

734 Points

9 years ago

Could someone please confirm for me that using the standard paypal button functionality embedded in Sitebuilder won't allow you to manually edit the script of the button and that the only way to do this with a paypal button would be to create the html on paypal's site or another service?  I'd ideally like the change the buttons I already have in Sitebuilder if I can and the changes I need to make are more complicated that the simple edit options available.  Thank you,

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Yes, this is correct. SiteBuilder does not allow for advanced modification of the buttons outside of what can be changed in the properties window when clicking on the button. If you need anything special or customized, you would need to get 3rd party HTML driven PayPal code.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

I would simply like to have a Paypal style button and not something that looks like my aunty did for me.
OK, I can create Paypal buttons on the Paypal website but do they integrate with the Homestead system.
I ask because I've already set everything up in Homestead and don't want to make things more complicated than they need to be.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can generate the button at Paypal and then copy/paste the code in to an HTML box

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i get a paypal button on my site???.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I add paypal to my website?.