david2575's profile

15 Messages

• 

308 Points

Sunday, October 9th, 2022 1:18 AM

UPDATE on Homestead outage Saturday 10/8/22 - it's back up

As of 7:10 PM Mountain time on Saturday 10/8/22, it appears the Homestead servers are back up. I can reach my website now. Glad it's been fixed, but NOT happy that no one from Homestead posted ANY outage notice or updates, or responded to any of the comments here. Not a good look for Homestead. And not standard practice for system communications - I used to lead communications for a major system, and if I had simply ignored the issue and all the customer comments about it, I would have lost my job!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

71 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

2 years ago

Yes, David, I agree. I had checked to see if there was anything on the Homestead status page, hours ago, but did not see a thing.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

2 years ago

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for how late this message is. As you know, we experienced an unexpected service outage this weekend. Our engineering team quickly identified that there was an issue and created a ticket to work on finding and fixing the problem. Our support team was not notified, so we could not put up an update on our Status page. This issue was resolved later in the day.

We are working on putting measures in place to make sure that we on the support side are notified so that we can put notices in place. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused.