david8689's profile

12 Messages

• 

262 Points

Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 2:33 PM

TO BAD SO SAD!!! THIS MERGE OR WHATEVER IT IS SUCKS!!!!!!

I just tried to get help from chat support with Web.com regarding the ability for Homestead account holders to log in to their account. Why are Homestead account holders directed to Web.com when www.homestead.com is what is entered in the URL? And then, once on Web.com not allowed to log in to our accounts!  The Web.com chat support tech, John, basically told me "to bad, so sad".  He said Homestead has their own support team and you need to deal with them. He also said here is the special link you need to use if you want Homesteads login:  https://www.homestead.com/~site/login/?TARGET=%2f%7esite%2fHelp%2fHelp%5fPage%2effhtml

I have still not been able to login to my ACCOUNT just this community forum!

I have tried to get help regarding Gmail account recipients that are being kicked back to me, unsent, due to my email host provider not being properly authenticated! I have yet to receive any response on this issue!

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

hilltopoakscltx@gmail.com

host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [172.253.63.26]

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

550-5.7.26 This mail has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated.

550-5.7.26 Gmail requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM.

550-5.7.26

550-5.7.26  Authentication results:

550-5.7.26  DKIM = did not pass

550-5.7.26  SPF [drcustomcontracting.com] with ip:

[66.96.186.8] = did not pass

550-5.7.26

550-5.7.26  To mitigate this issue, please visit Gmail's authentication guide

550-5.7.26 for instructions on setting up authentication:

550 5.7.26  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication m15-20020a05622a118f00b0041994a9c23asi5672019qtk.420 - gsmtp

INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED!!!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

15 Messages

• 

204 Points

9 months ago

Use this link to get to your site Homestead | Build, Make & Create Your Own Website — FREE! Website Hosting & Website Building Software

I was able to log into my website using this link

12 Messages

• 

262 Points

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

12 Messages

• 

262 Points

8 months ago

Still no response from Homestead tech support!

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

8 months ago

Hello, 

Homestead has not merged with Web.com, they are two completely separate entities. We are simply both owned by the same company. That is why their support cannot assist you. When you go to homestead.com to log in, please give the page a moment to load first. This should stop the redirect to the Web.com log in.

As for your email issue, can you go ahead and try once more? I have updated the TXT SPF record for your domain which should allow it to begin working properly.