D

38 Messages

• 

840 Points

Monday, March 25th, 2024 11:51 PM

Redirecting to URL does not work

Manage->Redirects->AddRule->PermanentRedirectToURL does not work. It should embed a 301 Rediect directive into the HTML of the selected page.

To minimise any other problems, I have renamed my page 'b' and set the first column to [Site Address]/b, the 'Column' pop-up menu is set to "Permanent Redirect To URL" and the 'destination' is set to 'https://mistressladypenelope.com/live-in-maid-sissy-barbie/'. Looking at the HTML of the published page shows there is no redirect in page 'b'. I have also tried 'Redirect to URL' though I don't understand what the difference would be in the published HTML. If I am doing something wrong, please tell me how to make it work, otherwise please fix this bug ASAP. I have of course tried save and publish after and have tried it without this step. There seems to be no documentation on how to use this facility.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

38 Messages

• 

840 Points

4 months ago

It does work if you know how. As there is no documentation let me tell you how.

If you have a page and a redirect from that page, the page takes priority and users will see it. What I did is rename my page ever so slightly so from the navigation menu, people can still see the notice I put on the page to see the new destination, then save and publish. Next put the old name in the left iten of the redirect (accessed via manage->redirects). Set the middle pop up menu to Redirect to URL and set the new destination URL in the right hand item. Then publish.  After the cache gets cleared of the old page (I refreshed a couple of times), the new destination should now appear when you, or a search engine such a Google or a bookmark, reference the page. I hope other members of the community find this helpful.