homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, June 15th, 2020 2:40 PM

Purchasing Google Workspace

Purchasing Google Workspace

Google Workspace can be purchased by clicking on Email > Google Workspace > Login from Homestead.com or from the Google Workspace tab in the Homestead account

1. Click the “Add it Today” button from the Google Workspace Marketing page.

2. If an account has multiple domains, select a domain from Domain drop down.
    (Up to 100 Google Workspace users can be added by clicking on + icon (Add an Additional Account) from top left.)
  3. Enter Email Address, First Name, Last Name (First, Last Name auto populated for first Admin account). Password is auto generated, non-editable, can be copied and changed later.

4. Purchase summary - The number of users and the total price is shown on the Confirmation page.
    Confirm Purchase by clicking the Submit button.

Note: Billing cycle is as per Hosting package (Monthly/Biannually/Annually/Biennial)

First Account created is an Admin account.

Additional users under the Google Workspace account can be created under account by clicking on “Add it Today” button from the Marketing page.

Clicking on “Go to Google Workspace!” takes user to Mail Central page which displays list of purchased Google Workspace accounts + users as well as Roundcube mailboxes

Note: Please accept Google's Product Agreement within 30 days of signup to avoid disruption in service. 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

4 years ago

I'm having difficulty purchasing G-Suite.  I keep getting a message that says "There was an unexpected error while trying to add G Suite to your account. Please try again later"

Can you advise?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

4 years ago

Hello,

I apologize about this, at what step are you receiving the error? 

8 Messages

• 

326 Points

4 years ago

Hello,

I would like to ask you questions. If I purchasing 1 G Suite Account (Admin) for $6.00 a month. Can I add 2 users' emails for my business as Free? Here is an example:

myname@yourdomainname.com (Admin)

#1 sales@yourdomainname.com (Users)

#2 customerservice@yourdomainname.com (Users)

These would be free to add user's emails as long I pay $6.00 a month? 

Let me know what would be your answer to this question.  

Thanks,

Owen

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Each user or email address added to G suite there will be an individual charge of $6 each, so for 3 email addresses, it will charge $18. 

8 Messages

• 

326 Points

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your reply to me. Actually, I was researching and this is not true. Here says: Give a user an additional "email alias" address (sales@) 

A user is defined as one personalized email address (you@yourcompany). Group email aliases such as sales@yourcompany and support@yourcompany are included in pricing and don't count as additional users.

Example: If bill@solarmora.com wants a sales address for corresponding with customers, give him the email alias sales@solarmora.com. Mail sent to either address then appears in his Gmail inbox, and he can send email using either address. 

Give users email aliases at no extra cost

As a G Suite admin, you can give a user an alternate address for receiving mail, in addition to a user's primary address. Do this by adding an email alias to their account, in your Google Admin console.

You can add up to 30 aliases for each user, at no extra cost. Send mail from an email alias

Creating an email alias lets the user receive an email at that address. To send a mail with the alias address in the From field, they need to set up a custom From address in Gmail. They must also do this to receive messages they send to their own email alias.

So you said 3 users cost me $18.00 what is your catch? G Suite said No extra cost. I still pay $6.00 for the Primary Address and You can add up to 30 aliases for each user, at no extra cost. 

Where did you get that idea cost?  I hope to make you clear this time.  Please respond to me. Evidence: https://support.google.com/a/answer/33327?hl=en&ref_topic=14586

Thanks,

Owen

(edited)

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

This is true if you are using them as aliases. I thought you wanted to add them as direct users. Using the alias is possible under the one admin account. 

8 Messages

• 

326 Points

Michelle,

I glad that you understand what I was trying to explain to you.

So, if I buy 1 G-suite admin account for $6.00, then I can add 2 email alias under my account will be free? if so, can you lead me on how to start this processing?

After that, I will have a primary address as admin with G-Suite and I can add 2 email alias for my staffs' emails under my account. I will be normal bills to pay $6.00 that is it right?

Let me know what is your plans and help...

Thanks,

Owen

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Perfect, here are some informational articles and purchasing and using G suite with Homestead. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/search?q=g%20suite

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 year ago

i am trying to connect domain to google workplace.  i have clicked add today and copied code to receive token but keep getting error code. 

Unable to transfer your account. Probably due to invalid token or No Subscription info found. Please try again.

subscription is active.   i have revoked token and tried several attempts     I need to get setup asap.  any ideas what is causing?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

I don't see GW on this account, so you likely purchased it directly through Google. I would recommend contacting them for support if it isn't working. 

3 Messages

• 

102 Points

1 year ago

Does homestead allow upgrade options to your current google workspace, we have the "business starter" but would like to upgrade to the next option available, I cant purchase directly through google as homestead is our domain host.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

No, unfortunately, we don't have this option. You would need to cancel the Google Workspace through Homestead and pick it up through Google in order to upgrade through them.