L

7 Messages

• 

146 Points

Monday, September 19th, 2022 1:46 PM

Closed

I've been with Homestead for at least 13 years and I'm starting to HATE IT HERE!!!

I've been using Homestead for almost 13 years now. I used to love this platform but as of lately I'm finding it to be antiquated and problematic!!! I have at least 10 active websites so I am reluctant to switch to another provider but I'm at my wits end at this point and HS is costing me money!!!

1. My store is not working properly. You cannot checkout if you enter my store on a mobile device using the Google search feature. If you use Google Chrome or any other  mobile browser the checkout process is fine. But if you use Google search, as the majority of people do, you are unable to "proceed to checkout". I have complained about this multiple times to no avail. I had to post an ugly warning sign on my beautiful website to tell people to place their order through a computer!!! And tech support does not understand my issue.

2. So my latest website has been up for about a month now, advertising my new book — SUICIDAL LOVE. Everything was fine with the site and working perfectly (other than the checkout issue). So I'm in front of a movie producer last night, in one of those once in a lifetime encounters, and I pull up my website to show him my book... What do I see? A big ugly message where my book cover image should be, saying "This image does not comply with our terms of service"! I use the same image to advertise my book on serval different sites and it has been pulled down everywhere, including in me e-store!!! It's just a book cover! What the hell!

3. Worst of all, the help staff is not very helpful at all!!! Nice people but not KNOWLEDGABLE! I'll take rude know-how over kind ignorance every day of the week!!! The rep I spoke to wasted 30 minutes of my times giving me useless suggestions for how to fix the image issue because he didn't understand what the problem actually was. I had to walk him through to the editor step-by-step to explain everything to him. After about 20 minutes of wasting my time just to understand what was happening, he puts me on hold for another 10 minutes to go read an article that I could have pulled up myself.  Here was his suggestion: REDESIGN MY BOOK COVER! Are you kidding me! A book cover that has been finished for months and already advertised all over the web needs to be redesigned because of your system failure??? I had to ask 8 times for him to let me speak with a supervisor, as he kept explaining to me that he was reading the article to me and redesigning my cover was my only option or just go with another host!!! I was promised a call from a manager in 30 minutes. It's been two hours and counting. 

ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO RUN US OFF OR WHAT?!!!! 

A VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

17 Messages

• 

382 Points

2 years ago

Where do you go for help? One of my sites have been down for days, help only brings you here. :(

7 Messages

• 

146 Points

@earl2636​ 

1-800-710-1998 they will ask for your pin number. You can find it under your name in the dropdown. 

17 Messages

• 

382 Points

Thank you very much!!!! :)

17 Messages

• 

382 Points

I got my help thanks to you.  Let me know where I can buy a copy of your book :)

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

2 years ago

I sincerely apologize. I do see there was a request for a callback from a supervisor. Please let us know here if there are any other questions or concerns.