A

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Monday, March 20th, 2023 2:34 AM

how to install a google tag

I do not understand why, but when I search on Homestead 'help' (jokes??) for "how to install a Google tag", I get 6700 results on everything BUT how to install a Google tag. Am I the only one looking to get Google acclimated with my site?

Furthermore, when I enter "how to install a Google tag" in the Topic section below, it won't accept... anything.

I have been on Homestead since Intuit sites and am wondering why there is so little relevant information... so little anything... on very common tasks (I would think) like this...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

1 year ago

Hello, 

You are the first person I've dealt with asking for help on this matter, which would explain why the results on Community were not helpful. 
Google Tag Manager provides a snippet of code that you're supposed to place on your website, is this correct? 
Does it need to be placed on every page individually or on the site overall?

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

1 year ago

You are asking me... what is involved with a Google tag... and HOW it should be placed. Are you a Homestead tech? It appears so from your replies with access to Homestead background info...

EVERY bit of info about anything related to searches/interactions with your site BEGINS with a Google tag. I am the ONLY business owner that has decided to start working with Analytics??

You know what... I'm done with it, but your response lets me know I need to change my 20 domains to another provider. I discovered Homestead doesn't want to get with the Google times & has done NOTHING about Google Analytics 4 and requires Universal Analytics. Which becomes obsolete in a few MONTHS... and their techs know nothing about it...  and their "help" is still not useable... so thanks...