H

37 Messages

• 

440 Points

Thursday, February 23rd, 2023 3:52 AM

Help! Becomes Wrong Phone Number when published

Our business phone number is (513) 523-2015.  When I publish our site it turns into (513) ###-####. *number hidden for security purposes because when you call it, it goes to my mobile.  I've tried everything.  I've removed all of the punctuation.  I've added in periods instead of the parenthesis and hyphen, but nothing works.  Why is this happening???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

37 Messages

• 

440 Points

1 year ago

I think it's a faux generated number created in order to hide our actual work number because when I call it, it does go to one of our work numbers, but not the right one.  I don't want it to do this.  Please tell me how I make it stop doing this so I can have our actual correct number posted.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

1 year ago

Hello, 

Where are you seeing this happen? I went to the Home page of your website and this is what I see:

37 Messages

• 

440 Points

1 year ago

I think I figured it out.  Apparently, it's a security issue within my laptop that generates a faux number for privacy purposes.  It's so weird.  Anyway, on all other devices the number is as it should be so crisis averted.

37 Messages

• 

440 Points

1 year ago

But this is good thing to know if others experience it so they don't panic and think that a random phone number is being published on their site rather than their actual business number.  When I called the faux generated number it went to my cell phone.  It was so bizarre.  That's when I realized it had something to do with my PC and my personal info within my PC's settings. 

My advice is that if all of sudden you see a wrong phone number being published on your site, especially while working on your PC, pull up your site on your mobile or tablet to double check the phone number and you will immediately see that it is indeed being published correctly.  This will give you an instant peace of mind and realize it's just a security/privacy control within your PC that is generating a faux number.  I wish I would have know this because I spent hours trying to fix it and I was truly panicking.  So hopefully this is a helpful PSA for anyone else that experiences this.

(edited)