kimberly3237's profile

27 Messages

• 

734 Points

Friday, December 15th, 2023 6:39 AM

Creating pop-up forms

Hello, 

I'm trying to create a form that will pop up if I click on a link. Is there a way to do this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

7 months ago

Hello, 

If this is a WebsiteBuilder site, you can use element behaviors to create this feature:

‎WebsiteBuilder: Element Behaviors | Homestead Community

27 Messages

• 

734 Points

Thank you for your reply.

I do have a WebsiteBuilder site and I did reference the Element Behaviors page you recommended prior to posting here, but it still wasn't clear to me how to change the behavior of the form.

If you look on the Element Behaviors page, you'll see the "pop-up" option is unavailable for forms. Perhaps there is another behavior I can apply to achieve the result I want, but I'm having a hard time figuring this out.

Is there someone who can help me with this?

The agent I spoke to on the phone didn't understand what I was trying to do. He said whatever features/functions are in WebsiteBuilder are the only features/functions that they have. He didn't really try to understand what I specifically wanted to do.

(edited)

27 Messages

• 

734 Points

Hello, after playing around with Website Builder, I was finally able to figure out how to set up the form in the way I wanted. 

Thank you for the information.

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello Kimberly3237, 

I apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for reaching back and letting us know you were able to set the form up. Please let us know if you run into anything else!

27 Messages

• 

734 Points

Hi again,

I'm now trying add a behavior where if you click a button, the screen will scroll down to a form. This works for the desktop version, but I can't get it to work for the mobile version. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks in advance.

27 Messages

• 

734 Points

@todd_h 

Hello again, I'm not sure what's going on with Homestead's customer service, but it seems to me that they're going to lose a lot of customers if their service doesn't improve.

Instead of waiting for a  reply here regarding the scrolling issue, I decided to contact Homestead's tech support directly about this matter. The rep didn't even bother to ask for my account info to try to help me. Instead, she told me that they "just" found out about this issue today from other customers and they're working on it and it should be fixed in 24-48 hours.

First she said it was noticed yesterday and I asked if she could then look at my account, since that would mean 24 hours had passed. That was when she changed her statement and said the issue was noticed today.

When I asked if she could still look at my account, the line went blank.

When I had called customer service over a week ago about the pop-up form issue, the tech support agent refused to look at my account as well.

None of this seems to be a good sign with regard to the stability of this company.

27 Messages

• 

734 Points

7 months ago

Thanks @todd_h , much appreciated.

27 Messages

• 

734 Points

7 months ago

Hi again, I was wondering, is there also a way to add dropdown menu for some of the fields on the form?

There are certain fields on the form where I want them to choose from a series of set responses.

For example, if the availability field is selected, they can only choose from a dropdown menu that has "morning", "'afternoon", or "evening". 

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Unfortunately, no, that is not an option with our forms. 

27 Messages

• 

734 Points

Okay, thank you for the information.